Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2020, 09:35 PM

Re: Recovering deleted photos

Originally Posted by Emjay ->
The thing is Realspeed, it is not always convenient to take my proper camera with me. Alas, the day of the phone camera has arrived and taken over.
Nothing to stop you taking a small compact camera in your pocket.
Personally I think phone cameras are cr*p, you can't beat a proper camera. Would not touch one with a barge pole. Try adjusting for example dof on a phone camera? you can't.That is just one of the things they can.t do. Try adding a different lens? you can 't.
save pictures on an extrnl had drive is the only way to go

You can't tell me that this is less convenient and it takes good videos as well

I use it for checking out roof gutters

Try that with a camera phone
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2020, 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
Can I butt in and ask how to recover on a desktop?
I've never had to do that on my iMac as it's backed up with Time Machine so everything is backed up using that to an external drive. I was hoping to do the same with the MacBook Pro but it's not easy to disable Time Machine when not required, as a laptop that would be rather often, so I changed my mind about that.

Procedure for recovering deleted photos is similar to that for an iPad or iPhone though, the link below gives ways of recovering photos depending on how long deleted and where from:

https://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/ma...hotos-3688881/
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2020, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Nothing to stop you taking a small compact camera in your pocket.
Personally I think phone cameras are cr*p, you can't beat a proper camera. Would not touch one with a barge pole. Try adjusting for example dof on a phone camera? you can't.That is just one of the things they can.t do. Try adding a different lens? you can 't.
save pictures on an extrnl had drive is the only way to go

You can't tell me that this is less convenient and it takes good videos as well

I use it for checking out roof gutters

Try that with a camera phone
I still have my Finepix that I used to carry with me. But I realised that my iPhone 6s was more convenient. I agree that the quality might not be as good as a SLR, but for the pictures that I take now, the iPhone does the job.
Using the phone to look at gutters? A selfie stick could do the job. Or better still a ladder.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top