Join for free
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2020, 12:24 PM

Mobile Phone Networks In Disarray

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-51926565

In a statement to the BBC, O2 said the problem meant that O2, Vodafone and Three customers were unable to connect to EE – and EE customers were unable to connect to O2, Vodafone and Three.

Downdetector, a website which monitors network problems, had shown issues for all four operators in a range of locations, including Birmingham, London, Manchester and Glasgow.
I can add that both BT and Virgin mobile services are down in my area .....

I was supposed to be having a telephone consultation with my GP .....
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2020, 12:45 PM

Re: Mobile Phone Networks In Disarray

A link I posted on another thread to check your mobile phone network.

https://downdetector.co.uk/
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2020, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
A link I posted on another thread to check your mobile phone network.

https://downdetector.co.uk/
Thanks ..... I've done that .....
sparky
cheshire
sparky is male  sparky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2020, 01:20 PM

Hmm, I wonder if those on the priority responders list are still working? A little known fact about mobile networks is their ability to shed callers in times of emergency, unless of course the phone is on the list of priority phones. I don't know if anyone has noticed, or is even interested, but if there is an incident of any size you may not be able to use your mobile in that area, the nearest mast, the one you want to connect to, locks you out, allowing the priority mobiles, those belonging to the emergency services, to make calls. I live not far from a busy motorway, we can tell when there's been a big accident as our phone signal goes to pot, Allthough the emergency services use radio for calls, they also use mobile phones to connect to others who they may need to communicate with at an incident, hospitals, utility companies, even recovery firms. That's why the current radios resemble a mobile rather than a traditional 2 way radio, they actually perform both functions, it's amazing what you find out when you've a mate who works in comms. lol
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

18-03-2020, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
I can add that both BT and Virgin mobile services are down in my area .....

I was supposed to be having a telephone consultation with my GP .....
My GP finally got through on my BT mobile but then wanted to set a video call on my Virgin mobile. I managed to get online OK but he sent me a link for "Whereby" which wouldn't work so I sent him some photos via MMS and suggested that he consider using "Skype" for video consulations if they're going to become common .....

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top