Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2020, 10:16 AM

Re: Protect your Posties.

I think they should be allowed to put junk mail in the bin by the gate!

I spray the letterbox with Dettol and wipe letters before opening wearing gloves.

I think they're doing a grand job, let's not criticise folk who are keeping the World turning. We'd soon moan if we had to go out and collect our mail.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2020, 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
No it isn't. Mail should be subjected to disinfection process, disinfection is possible using a number of chemicals that kill virus, all those people handling mail should at the very least be wearing hand protection and masks as in most shops now.

It would not be 100% effective in all cases but it would be a hell of a lot better than the SFA that is done right now. Even our Hermes courier wears rubber gloves to deliver parcels.
Aye right,You try walking briskly for miles every day wearing a mask,see how far Ye get
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2020, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by May ->
Aye right,You try walking briskly for miles every day wearing a mask,see how far Ye get
Their career choice. They have a simple choice. Do it or leave. Our health is MUCH more important than the comfort of some unskilled worker.
Tregonsee
Lancashire UK
Tregonsee is male  Tregonsee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2020, 11:28 AM

Like the unskilled workers manning the supermarkets, emptying waste bins, delivering essential goods, keeping hospitals clean and patients fed.
Without the unskilled workers this and every country would grind to a very messy halt.

ETA
This WUM is getting tiresome.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2020, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by Tregonsee ->
Like the unskilled workers manning the supermarkets, emptying waste bins, delivering essential goods, keeping hospitals clean and patients fed.
Without the unskilled workers this and every country would grind to a very messy halt.

ETA
This WUM is getting tiresome.
Let's clear this up, hopefully once and for all.

I'm NOT a "WUM" - a Wind Up Merchant.

People might not like my opinions, values, morality --- anything. Ask me if I care.

I do try to avoid blatant obscenities and gross profanities, but if I express an opinion then it is my opinion about a thing.

But one thing that I always avoid is to be rude or insulting to any person on this forum.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2020, 12:10 PM

Ours leaves our mail in the greenhouse if nobody's around. He always come round the yard anyway as he likes to say hi to the horses, and often has a carrot or two for them..

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top