Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
gasman
Kent, UK
gasman is male  gasman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2020, 11:48 PM

Re: Mainly for the ladies, re battery warnings

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
If it was a lithium cell and you opened it then the fiery result is more or less inevitable. The plates are very close together and lithium batteries hold a lot of energy which it can release at once.

However the cell in your photo is a nickel metal hydride which can give off hydrogen if over charged. I very much doubt it was exposure to light that caused it to catch fire, it is far more likely that you short circuited the internal plates. High discharge current causes them to heat very rapidly to the point of catching fire.

Exposure to air may have resulted in a pyrophoric reaction but definitely not light.
You know your stuff Bruce
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2020, 02:59 AM

Originally Posted by PSXtreme ->
I'll take Battery-Powered Adult Toys for $200 Alex...
Originally Posted by Mups ->
Cos some men still think women couldn't possibly know these things, Glanny.
Originally Posted by Tachyon ->
"Mainly for the ladies...", lmao. The absolute sexism and condescending mansplaining is the funniest thing I have read today.
Haha. Yeah. It’s funny but very typical. What would us little women know about batteries.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2020, 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
Haha. Yeah. It’s funny but very typical. What would us little women know about batteries.
Whatever next? A cooker for your Birthday?

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top