Join for free
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2020, 09:46 AM

Re: Freedom on Wednesday next (updated C19 rules)

Originally Posted by summer ->
I think its too early to ease off so much I know we have to accept its health versus the economy it seems though that Scottish lives seem more important than English ones with the present advice.
It's not that at all, Scotland is further back in the virus than England as are Wales and Ireland. It makes perfect sense to hang back a bit as we are simply not ready. Boris's advice is for England not the devolved nations.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2020, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
It's not that at all, Scotland is further back in the virus than England as are Wales and Ireland. It makes perfect sense to hang back a bit as we are simply not ready. Boris's advice is for England not the devolved nations.
Having the ludicrous concept of "devolved nations" in the face of this Chinese Plague and a single island is on a par with having a "no peeing" part of a swimming pool
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2020, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
Hi

You make a valid point.

We are an island without Border Controls, it makes sense for everyone to be on the same page.

Boris is being hammered by everyone, including the Mail and the Telegraph.

It is not his finest hour.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2020, 10:01 AM

Swims, I'm not hammering Boris at all, he's doing what he needs to do just as Scotland, Ireland n Wales are. If we're a couple of weeks behind then so be it. We are able to go out to exercise more than once a day now, so that's a step in the right direction.
rhosyn
South Wales
rhosyn is female  rhosyn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2020, 10:07 AM

A lert is someone who doesn't know what they don't know about things that aren't things and aren't not things either.
Is that clear-Boris?
Glad I live in Wales!
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2020, 10:14 AM

Won"t be relaxing any of my routine just yet ,
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.

11-05-2020, 10:25 AM

Quite agree Apricot, everyone will have to make up their own minds as to when they step out again. I know even when Scotland follows Boris and eases up, we will be rushing out nowhere fast.. I'll stick to my now normal routine, but I can and will give the dog a short evening walk as well as his early morning one. I can now also start exercising the horses again, that I'm looking forward to.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2020, 10:36 AM

I am completely bemused regarding the furore over the latest advice in certain quarters.

Q. What is it that is apparently so confusing about the new "Stay Alert" slogan rather than "Stay at Home" ?

A. We are now allowed out more but we need to stay alert to the dangers whilst doing so.

How difficult is that?
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2020, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
No hairdressers till July at the earliest..

It will be funny seeing how folks cope with that.... get the kitchen scissors out

A few wonky fringes. .
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2020, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
A few wonky fringes. .
Mine is already wonky.

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top