Join for free
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2020, 08:52 PM

Euromillions win for man who saved police officer's life

"A man who last month helped save the life of a police officer who had a heart attack on a bus has won £1m on the Euromillions lottery.

Anthony Canty, 33, from Maldon in Essex, gave the officer CPR when he collapsed on a bus from Witham in April.

The officer, who has since recovered, told Mr Canty "good karma* happens to good people"."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-52660080

*The mention of karma interested me (see my signature below). I believe in good karma and bad karma, how about anyone else on here, do you believe in karma?
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2020, 09:05 PM

Re: Euromillions win for man who saved police officer's life

If you mean fate then yes. What will be, will be.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2020, 09:16 PM

Feel good story, a grounded man whose got his priority right.

"I do know that I'm not giving up work.

"I like it and I'm proud of what we do so I'm definitely not giving that up."
AliceWonderland
United Kingdom
AliceWonderland is female  AliceWonderland has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2020, 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
"A man who last month helped save the life of a police officer who had a heart attack on a bus has won £1m on the Euromillions lottery.

Anthony Canty, 33, from Maldon in Essex, gave the officer CPR when he collapsed on a bus from Witham in April.

The officer, who has since recovered, told Mr Canty "good karma* happens to good people"."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-52660080

*The mention of karma interested me (see my signature below). I believe in good karma and bad karma, how about anyone else on here, do you believe in karma?
Thank you for the link.

"Karma means action, work or deed;[1] it also refers to the spiritual principle of cause and effect where intent and actions of an individual (cause) influence the future of that individual (effect).[2] Good intent and good deeds contribute to good karma ... , while bad intent and bad deeds contribute to bad karma..."

Yes, I believe in good karma and bad karma. Great signature

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top