Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2020, 07:31 PM

Re: Falsified death figures?

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
Too a certain extent, yes. I (that's just me and only me) think that the overall reaction has been one of panic, panic and then some more panic just because this is a new virus. SARS was a new virus a few years ago, as was bird flu and pig flu. It barely registered in the western hemisphere but quite a few east Asians died because of it. Did anyone panic over there? Not to my knowledge (and I was working in Malaysia for a couple of months at the time).

The annual flu go around is always deadly, some years worse than others, Government reactions - Get a jab (but a suitable strain of vaccine might not be available). Does the flu bother us usually? No, of course it doesn't. Do peeps panic? No, of course we don't, we all take it in our stride and get on with life.

To sum up, yes, a goodly number of extra people have died than would be expected but, because of the media onslaught, I think things have got out of hand and caused most governments to over-react.
Your last sentence is probably what happened Percy?
Imo of course!

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2020, 08:26 PM

Too a certain extent, yes. I (that's just me and only me) think that the overall reaction has been one of panic, panic and then some more panic just because this is a new virus. SARS was a new virus a few years ago, as was bird flu and pig flu. It barely registered in the western hemisphere but quite a few east Asians died because of it. Did anyone panic over there? Not to my knowledge (and I was working in Malaysia for a couple of months at the time).

The annual flu go around is always deadly, some years worse than others, Government reactions - Get a jab (but a suitable strain of vaccine might not be available). Does the flu bother us usually? No, of course it doesn't. Do peeps panic? No, of course we don't, we all take it in our stride and get on with life.

To sum up, yes, a goodly number of extra people have died than would be expected but, because of the media onslaught, I think things have got out of hand and caused most governments to over-react.
My thoughts exactly Percy.....

And I don't think we are the only ones.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2020, 12:24 AM

What I heard others claim is that hospitals and old folks homes get far more money from insurance if the people die from Covid19 . $13,000 dollars more and $39,000 more if they were placed on a ventilator so like most things, it’s about MONEY!!! It’s pathetic if it’s true and I believe it is.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2020, 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->

Possibly this is a more virulent virus than other's in the past, the fatalities certainly are high in number but the coverage given in the media seems to be never-ending. Just from this aspect it is probably causing far more real concern than if there was less of it. Most of us don't object to knowing facts but the supposition element seems well OTT to me, trying to work out the truth is not easy, in fact impossible at times.

Another one here who joins you two in what you are thinking!
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2020, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
- snip -

Another one here who joins you two in what you are thinking!
Thanks chaps. It's great to know I'm not on my own.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2020, 03:58 PM

Thanks chaps. It's great to know I'm not on my own.
You're never alone with a Strand PV!

Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2020, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->

Oh God I remember that TV ad. How to kill off a ciggy brand in one easy lesson.
reg
Manchester
reg is male  reg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2020, 04:43 PM

The only figures I care about are those that have survived it.

let's look at the positives for once.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2020, 06:14 PM

............Not to say all deaths aren’t significant but if you follow the money you usually get a different answer to the one main stream media wants you to

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	C5D7B1D7-3053-45D8-BD96-38A00EBB3104.jpeg
Views:	41
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	12650  
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2020, 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->

Here you go Ted.....

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top