Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2020, 03:32 PM

Re: Tax the Wrinkles

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Pay for prescriptions? Look, those of us who paid taxes for decades were buying our place in the sector in which certain Benefits were provided in view of our increased needs and for most a substantial reduction in income and it those now in the sector that we were in that should be buying the place that we are in today.
Read my post again - nowhere did I suggest us coffin dodgers should pay for our prescriptions but someone has too surely?
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2020, 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
Read my post again - nowhere did I suggest us coffin dodgers should pay for our prescriptions but someone has too surely?
Of course they should.

Those people who are today in the position that we were when we were paying for the Coffin Dodgers at that time.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2020, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi
No, No and NO.

Many are on 80% of Wages.

Us Pensioners have had no cut at all.

This is simply not fair.

We should take the hit as much as everyone.
Swimmy, l really think, you should think things through before you make sweeping statements like that.

How much do you live on a week and then some of us will tell you what we have to scrape a life on.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2020, 03:47 PM

Hi

Facts are facts, get real.

The major impact on the NHS is wrinklies.

We should pay for that.

The young and fit are hardly impacted.

Lockdown is to protect wrinklies and those with Health Conditions, primarily Diabetes and the obese.

This is natural selection.

We cannot expect them to pay for us.

We cannot expect our Pensions to be Triple Locked when huge numbers are on 80% of their wages.

This is simply not right.

I am quite happy to pay my way.
You do your thing, don't criticise others or expect them to do the same because despite what you write it IS right.

In any case there should be no furlough paid for by tax payers. People should have been laid off and had to rely on Benefits. The cost to the Exchequer (meaning tax payers) would have been MUCH less than it's going to end up being.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2020, 03:47 PM

Hi
No, No and NO.

This is simply not fair.

Many may be on 80% wages but I bet they still get double, or more, than my less than £100 a week pension. Lower my pension and I reckon I would waste away.

You are not living in the real world Swimmy.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2020, 05:19 PM

Hi

It is us wrinklies who are costing the most with this virus.

We will have to take our share of the pain.
Excuse me, Swimmy, I am not costing anyone any more than I was before C19.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2020, 05:23 PM

Hi
No, No and NO.

This is simply not fair.

Surely swimfeeders those who are on eighty percent of their wages are having it paid for by taxpayers (which includes us oldies). It will all have to be paid for by the whole population of the UK and my bet is an increase in income tax will be levied, which will also impact on us oldies. Therefore,it is not correct to say that there are no financial implications for us oldies.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2020, 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
Surely swimfeeders those who are on eighty percent of their wages are having it paid for by taxpayers (which includes us oldies). It will all have to be paid for by the whole population of the UK and my bet is an increase in income tax will be levied, which will also impact on us oldies. Therefore,it is not correct to say that there are no financial implications for us oldies.
If the 80% proportion is correct, and I very much would like to see the supporting info, then I would suspect that it is our lovely civil servants who are getting it!

Back in my day, 66% of the final salary was the normal rate for those on Company Pensions, and for those who had contributed to that pension.

And that was taxed. (sorry, should say IS Taxed).
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2020, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
If the 80% proportion is correct, and I very much would like to see the supporting info, then I would suspect that it is our lovely civil servants who are getting it!

Back in my day, 66% of the final salary was the normal rate for those on Company Pensions, and for those who had contributed to that pension.

And that was taxed. (sorry, should say IS Taxed).
The 80% is correct Tedc. All employed people who are put onto furlough are having 80% of their gross wages paid for by HM Government (i.e. the taxpayer). It has been all over the news and I do know quite a number of people - ordinary working people (who are not civil servants) are actually getting it. There is also an arrangement for self employed people which will be based on their last 3 years tax return, although that has not come on stream yet (June I think). These arrangements are for ordinary working people who have a gross income of UP TO £2,500 per month and has nothing to do with company pensions. I am uncertain as to the relevance of your last paragraph.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2020, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
The 80% is correct Tedc. All employed people who are put onto furlough are having 80% of their gross wages paid for by HM Government (i.e. the taxpayer). It has been all over the news and I do know quite a number of people - ordinary working people (who are not civil servants) are actually getting it. There is also an arrangement for self employed people which will be based on their last 3 years tax return, although that has not come on stream yet (June I think). These arrangements are for ordinary working people who have a gross income of UP TO £2,500 per month and has nothing to do with company pensions. I am uncertain as to the relevance of your last paragraph.
The way I read what he said I thought he was saying 80% of pensioners.....!

Are pensioners getting furlough?

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top