Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2020, 11:45 AM

Re: Good morning Saturday

Those mountains in the distance look inviting Bruce.....I don't think I could resist the urge if I was as close to them as you...

Give her a hug next time Summer, you are okay, and she is okay, despite what the BBC are waffling on about. I have already started relaxing my lockdown and getting out and about. I intend to hug my daughter the next time I see her, bugger that! Who am I protecting? Her or me? I'll take my chances.....

Drove out to Bridlington yesterday, a brilliant day out and despite everywhere being closed [including the toilets] we did manage to find a chippy and a sandwich shop [Cooplands] open....I took the healthy approach and opted for the tuna salad...

A bit sparse on the front but the parking is free until further notice....

Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2020, 11:54 AM

Good morning, All. I would love to live in walking distance to the sea, but we are 6 miles from our nearest beach, as the crow flies & much longer by road. Both areas pictured I am envious of, Bruce & OGF.

Going to be, just another day here.
We, Son & I did go to Tesco again last night, mainly because my phone needed topping up, due to it being out of PAYT. We did some shopping while there also.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2020, 12:00 PM

I used to enjoy our walks alone the Weston seafront, very invigorating. Unfortunately we have been asked to stay away by the local council
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2020, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I used to enjoy our walks alone the Weston seafront, very invigorating. Unfortunately we have been asked to stay away by the local council
Are you in walking distance of the beach, Mags?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2020, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Are you in walking distance of the beach, Mags?
No Tiff, it's about a 45min car ride away from us. It used to be a treat to get away from the city fumes and inhale the sea air but unfortunately that's not possible at the moment.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2020, 12:18 PM

I'm sat outside my beach hut. Just had a cup of tea and a bacon sandwich and now I'm eating strawberries with Mrs Bread, waiting for the tide to cone up a bit more so I can have a few chucks with the light gear to see if I can get a bass for dinner.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	20200516_121549.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	29.2 KB
ID:	12626  
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2020, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Good morning, All. I would love to live in walking distance to the sea, but we are 6 miles from our nearest beach, as the crow flies & much longer by road. Both areas pictured I am envious of, Bruce & OGF.

Going to be, just another day here.
We, Son & I did go to Tesco again last night, mainly because my phone needed topping up, due to it being out of PAYT. We did some shopping while there also.
We live fifty miles away from the nearest beach Tiff......And I love driving....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

16-05-2020, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
I'm sat outside my beach hut. Just had a cup of tea and a bacon sandwich and now I'm eating strawberries with Mrs Bread, waiting for the tide to cone up a bit more so I can have a few chucks with the light gear to see if I can get a bass for dinner.
Spot on Bread..... A man to be admired....
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2020, 12:33 PM

Years since I went to Brid OGF, had some great holidays there when we were kids. I used to love it when we hired a rowing boat and went out into the bay to fish for dabs, happy days indeed....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

16-05-2020, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
No Tiff, it's about a 45min car ride away from us. It used to be a treat to get away from the city fumes and inhale the sea air but unfortunately that's not possible at the moment.
Of course it's possible Mags, and contrary to what you hear on the news, absolutely brilliant for your and Mr Mags health.
It's so much easier to socially distance yourself in the outdoors..... Take a sandwich though because food is hard to find.... It might not help the council, but it will do you a power of good.....And remember.......only you are responsible for your health! Not Boris, or the council....

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top