Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2020, 12:44 PM

Re: Good morning Saturday

Originally Posted by Barry ->
Years since I went to Brid OGF, had some great holidays there when we were kids. I used to love it when we hired a rowing boat and went out into the bay to fish for dabs, happy days indeed....
Those were the days Barry. No cars in those days and Mum and Dad took me on the train. We stayed in caravans on what was then called the 'Limekiln' caravan camp. I remember the rain pattering on the roof and the smell of calor gas burning in the lamps [no electric then]...

As a child of about three or four I developed whooping cough and the doctor suggested that sea air was the best medicine. So they took me for a week in Brid........In November! Well it must have worked because I'm still here....
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2020, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
No Tiff, it's about a 45min car ride away from us. It used to be a treat to get away from the city fumes and inhale the sea air but unfortunately that's not possible at the moment.
Now the total lock down has been lifted you could drive to the beach. They have said driving out of your area for exersize is permitted.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2020, 03:50 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Those mountains in the distance look inviting Bruce.....I don't think I could resist the urge if I was as close to them as you...
That is the edge of The Great Dividing Range which stretches for 3500km from Northern Queensland to Victoria (longest mountain range in the world I believe). It took the early settlers over 25 years to find a way through to the interior - no one thought to ask the Aboriginals who had been crossing it for thousands of years.

There are some walking trails across and up the escarpment but few roads.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2020, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
That is the edge of The Great Dividing Range which stretches for 3500km from Northern Queensland to Victoria (longest mountain range in the world I believe). It took the early settlers over 25 years to find a way through to the interior - no one thought to ask the Aboriginals who had been crossing it for thousands of years.

There are some walking trails across and up the escarpment but few roads.
Sounds brilliant Bruce, if ever I get the opportunity to visit Australia are you up for an expedition?

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top