Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2020, 11:33 PM

Memories of the 60's/ 70's.

I've still got some.

Have you?
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2020, 01:37 AM

Re: Memories of the 60's/ 70's.

This is where I was on the night of Sept 16th, 1964 Age 18

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	original-ticket.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	62.6 KB
ID:	12635  
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2020, 02:06 AM

I was never lucky enough to see The Beatles although I remember them arriving in Sydney in 1964. I was 12. My fondest memories of the 60s and 70s were - in chronological order - Loving and hating high school in equal measure. Spending endless weekends surfing with my mates and having night time BBQs at the beach. My first girlfriend who I still often think about and am in some small way still in love with . Memories of living on both sides of this big country, All the great music and playing in bands. Going to university and having a great time as well as learning a few things. The fact that I was beaten up almost to death when I was 19 and spent 2 weeks in hospital was the only bad bit. But I still will never forget it.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2020, 07:58 AM

I was in love with Paul McCartney, I went to live in Liverpool I was 16 yrs old . The people of liverpool were kindness itself for I was totally alone with no family support . I went to the Cavern just once . I never saw the Beatles . My son is named after Paul McCartney.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2020, 12:12 PM

SUMMER, 1970 Denver , Colorado. Saw Eric Clapton when he was playing with Derek and the Domino's. I still think that Layla is one of the very best rock/blues songs ever.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	maxresdefault.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	23.2 KB
ID:	12636   Click image for larger version

Name:	rs-196475-85027780.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	26.8 KB
ID:	12637  
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2020, 12:31 PM

Studying like stink and chilling out while trying just about anything. Other than Acid or beer that is. Scared of the former, didn't like the latter)

Music? Oh yes! Especially Hendrix and that genre best listened to stoned.

Playing with assorted "hack-iron" nth. hand motorbikes, in short a greasy pot head untill ---

Untill disaster! I graduated, turned my life round, and started work.
Westender
Sussex, UK
Westender is male  Westender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2020, 07:16 PM

The long hot summer of 1976, chomping meat paste sandwiches on the beach and the crunch of ladybirds underfoot.
Davenorave
Wales
Davenorave is male  Davenorave has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2020, 01:00 PM

Afraid I missed most of the drugs/rock n roll times. Joined the Military mid sixties, they frowned heavily over any such behaviour. Besides there were some tight squeaks and one needed their wits about them. Must have done it right cus I got home safe each time.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2020, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by Westender ->
The long hot summer of 1976, chomping meat paste sandwiches on the beach and the crunch of ladybirds underfoot.
Shipams Spread I think it was ?

I remember the summer of 76 - what a scorcher. I remember the tarmac melting on the roads and the crappy paddling pool me and my sister had in the garden.

Ahh those were the days.... well, kind of I think everyone was on strike as well ?
Westender
Sussex, UK
Westender is male  Westender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2020, 05:41 AM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Shipams Spread I think it was ?

I remember the summer of 76 - what a scorcher. I remember the tarmac melting on the roads and the crappy paddling pool me and my sister had in the garden.

Ahh those were the days.... well, kind of I think everyone was on strike as well ?
Shiphams spread and bread with the texture of cotton wool.
My sister had one of those Woolworths inflatable paddling pools too, the water would start sloppping out as it became partially deflated.

For those of us whose resources weren't sufficient to afford ABU, Woolie's was the place for ( Winfield ) fishing tackle.
I can still recall my Winfield Bass Fisher reel.
The line kept getting stuck between the spool and side plates.

Woolie's was an Aladdin's cave.
Splashing out on a K - tel record selector or a Ronco bottle cutter.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top