Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2020, 07:16 PM

If you post a question asking for help...

..... and you get responses from others, do you say ‘thank you’ to those who took the time to offer help or not worry about it?
Just curious.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2020, 07:56 PM

Re: If you post a question asking for help...

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
..... and you get responses from others, do you say ‘thank you’ to those who took the time to offer help or not worry about it?
Just curious.
I always try to thank people but I'm sure I miss some out when the post moves to the next page or even the page after that. I don't mean to miss anyone out of course.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2020, 08:32 PM

Lol. Haha. Thanks Longdogs. I’m just curious. Maybe I put too much emphasizes on the thank you. According to Buddhism you shouldn’t expect a thank you. I guess it’s not that important. By the huge response, I’d say it’s not.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2020, 08:47 PM

Of course .....
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2020, 08:55 PM

Oh gosh yes, if I ask for help on something, I consider it rude not to thank the people who have come forth. I don't think I've ever not (good English that innit). If I have it will be an oversight.

Another thing I'd like to add, I think there's an alert or something which tells you if someone replies to your posts? I don't use that facility and sometimes I forget where I've posted. I'm sure some must think I'm an ignorant little bugga for not responding.
I'm not really, honest injun
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2020, 08:57 PM

I have on a number of occasions, ask for help re; technical matters round the Home and Computers. I do thank them and I am grateful.
If they lived near me I would reward them!!

A nice Bottle of Wine of course!!

Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2020, 08:59 PM

Just curious.
Yes. It would be rude not to.
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2020, 09:25 PM

The way I look on someone asking for help is that the 'act' of asking someone for help means they are basically asking someone to put their own life on hold for ever how long, to focus on the other persons life for ever how long and in doing so, it falls under the banner of 'good manners' to give some kind of acknowledgement in kindness in appreciating that person spending their time in helping out.

It just goes to show how society has changed over the years because a number of years ago asking such a question about asking for help would not have entered ones mind because the answer would be known automatically.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2020, 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by Dodge ->
The way I look on someone asking for help is that the 'act' of asking someone for help means they are basically asking someone to put their own life on hold for ever how long, to focus on the other persons life for ever how long and in doing so, it falls under the banner of 'good manners' to give some kind of acknowledgement in kindness in appreciating that person spending their time in helping out.

It just goes to show how society has changed over the years because a number of years ago asking such a question about asking for help would not have entered ones mind because the answer would be known automatically.
Yes that's true for blokes, but for women not so much. Women today though are a bit more savvy

Years ago, I always thought blokes knew everything, especially concerning DIY. But I think that was because my dad could turn his hand to anything.
It was only in later years I found that not to be the case.

I remember my first Christmas with my first husband and he managed to fuse the lights plugging in the Christmas tree. He had no idea what to do.

About 9 yrs ago when I moved here I couldn't find my Pozidrive screwdriver so went next door. The lad answered the door (then about 18yrs old ) and I asked if his dad had one I could borrow. The lad looked just looked at me and asked what that was

I do agree though. Today people don't seem to know as much as their forefathers did.
I'm ashamed to say I don't think much of blokes if they're not a full shilling about practical stuff.

(Sorry, Bratti, that went off topic)
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2020, 09:51 PM

Yes, l think it’s important to Thank people for their help.
I do try to make sure l do.

I was taken aback on here once when l asked for advice and someone posted, ‘Why don’t you google it’!
Yes, well l had but hadn’t found an answer.
I also think asking for help and advice and getting replies, can help others who might be in the same predicament at some time.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top