Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2020, 11:50 AM

Re: If you post a question asking for help...

I also think saying thank you should come naturally when you have received help in one way or another. It was one of the first things drummed into us when we were children.

My pet hate is when you open a door for someone to let them through first and they push through completely ignoring you.
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2020, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I also think saying thank you should come naturally when you have received help in one way or another. It was one of the first things drummed into us when we were children.

My pet hate is when you open a door for someone to let them through first and they push through completely ignoring you.

Was'nt Prince Andrew by any chance Mags!???
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2020, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by John ->
[/B]

Was'nt Prince Andrew by any chance Mags!???
Could well have been, John!
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2020, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Talking about saying Thank You, l did wince a bit when watching ‘Who Wants To Be A Millionaire’, last week.

Many of the contestants when Jeremy Clarkson asked them if they wanted to set their safety net at a certain amount, just said, No and didn’t say, Thank You.

Maybe, l’m too picky on manners but l think they are important.
Made me wince too, Art.

I always say "please" and "thank you" or "thanks". It's polite to do so and, I think, politeness is sadly lacking in today's society.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2020, 03:45 PM

Talking about saying Thank You, l did wince a bit when watching ‘Who Wants To Be A Millionaire’, last week.

Many of the contestants when Jeremy Clarkson asked them if they wanted to set their safety net at a certain amount, just said, No and didn’t say, Thank You.

Maybe, l’m too picky on manners but l think they are important.
You're not picky at all Arty and I agree with you.
I also winced when a couple of contestants 'asked the audience' and never thanked them for helping with their correct answers.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2020, 03:50 PM

My mother used to say "Mind Your Ps & Qs"

Took me a while to realise that these were abbreviations for "Please & Thank Yous!

Thank you all!

You are a great Forum (or against em)

OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2020, 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
My mother used to say "Mind Your Ps & Qs"

Took me a while to realise that these were abbreviations for "Please & Thank Yous!

Thank you all!

You are a great Forum (or against em)

And my mother used to enforce it with a clip round the ear if I forgot Ted.....
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2020, 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
Made me wince too, Art.

I always say "please" and "thank you" or "thanks". It's polite to do so and, I think, politeness is sadly lacking in today's society.
Percy,....and I thought l was the only one in the world that had noticed!

You make me feel better!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2020, 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
You're not picky at all Arty and I agree with you.
I also winced when a couple of contestants 'asked the audience' and never thanked them for helping with their correct answers.

Thanks to you too, Foxy. I am so pleased l wasn’t the only one who winced! Percy is with us too!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

19-05-2020, 08:40 PM

Thanks to you too, Foxy. I am so pleased l wasn’t the only one who winced! Percy is with us too!
Yep Arty, Percy sounds like a proper gent.....

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top