Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2012, 01:22 AM

Re: Steam cars

Originally Posted by marpaul ->
I've not heard of a steam car either but from the photo they look very grand
Ya've never heard of a steam car missus? They are wonderful! They preceded petrol driven cars.

I went to a steam fair many years ago which was held locally, and they hold one every year. I've got some photos which I've since scanned so I'll try to find them and put them on here.

One of my most favourite films of all time was Genevieve, from the 1950s starring Kenneth Moore. If you've never watched it, it is available on YouTube and is a definite must to watch.

Many years ago my husband was stationed in Hampshire and we went to the Beaulieu Car Museum for the day. It was brilliant. Not just cars, but old penny-farthings, three-wheel bikes, everything you can think of which preceded the 1960s. Fantastic.
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2012, 03:49 AM

Would love to see your photos Mollie!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2012, 08:44 AM

Some of them take part in the RAC London-Brighton 'Old crocks' race every November. As a child, have stood in the cold and wet many years watching them arriving in Brighton.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top