Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

20-06-2012, 02:03 PM

Re: Make your own laundry soap?

Originally Posted by Annie Jack ->
By way of analogy, let's say some folks like to bake their own bread instead of buying it. Would the alternative be to stop eating bread?
As I said, each to their own. If you wish to make work for yourself fine, no problem. I have the money to live reasonably comfortably, and whilst I don't go mad with it, I might as well make my life as easy as possible, which means I buy good quality washing capsules, bread, and food which doesn't take much preparation, etc, my choice!
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2012, 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by Willow ->
I have the money to live reasonably comfortably, and whilst I don't go mad with it, I might as well make my life as easy as possible, which means I buy good quality washing capsules, bread, and food which doesn't take much preparation, etc, my choice!
As did I, not so many years ago. Little did I expect my life to change as drastically as it has.

I am glad your life is comfortable Willow, but please don't imply that those of us on tight budgets have the same freedom of choice.
Hu99
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Hu99 is male  Hu99 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2012, 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Perhaps if you had bothered to read the other messages you wouldn't be so confused.
I'm sorry to have bothered you.
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2012, 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by Hu99 ->
I'm sorry to have bothered you.
I sometimes skip to the end of a thread and find I've posted something that was answered earlier... I suppose we all do.
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

20-06-2012, 03:26 PM

As did I, not so many years ago. Little did I expect my life to change as drastically as it has.

I am glad your life is comfortable Willow, but please don't imply that those of us on tight budgets have the same freedom of choice.
I must admit I have never met anyone on a tight budget who bothers to make hteir own soap!
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada

20-06-2012, 03:31 PM

I must admit I have never met anyone on a tight budget who bothers to make hteir own soap!
Well I also enjoy cooking, gardening, sketching, photography and writing so this can be considered another creative (and frugal) endeavour.
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

20-06-2012, 03:44 PM

Well I also enjoy cooking, gardening, sketching, photography and writing so this can be considered another creative (and frugal) endeavour.
Things that give one pleasure are rather different. I enjoy creating my digital artwork, writing poetry and personalised stories for children, as well as articles for magazines etc.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2012, 04:13 AM

I bet the alternatives don't wash your clothes as well, but each to their own.
It must bring a warm glow to multinationals like Unilever and Proter and Gamble that even in the 21st Century that there are still people who believe that some products 'wash whiter than white' and that all that money spent conjuring up meaningless terms like 'Lemon charged' and 'Razzle Dazzle White' wasn't wasted.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2012, 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
It must bring a warm glow to multinationals like Unilever and Proter and Gamble that even in the 21st Century that there are still people who believe that some products 'wash whiter than white' and that all that money spent conjuring up meaningless terms like 'Lemon charged' and 'Razzle Dazzle White' wasn't wasted.
Some people will fall for those adds but over time most older people have enough experience to know a con when we see one.
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

21-06-2012, 12:00 PM

I NEVER watch ads, so I am not positively influenced by them at all! In fact if a product was highly advertised and in my face, I would be much more unlikely to use it. We had a rule when the kids were small, if a toy was advertised on TV, they weren't getting it as a pressie, as it wasn't likely to be much good. I use the same product that has served me well for a good while.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top