Join for free
Page 143 of 276 « First < 43 93 133 141 142 143 144 145 153 193 243 > Last »
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2018, 01:42 PM

Re: I've had my chest x-ray

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
I had a 12 hour sleep last night...must have needed it after only getting a couple of hours the previous night.

I'm feeling well; the only thing troubling me is my sore back but it's been that way for a while.
Twelve hours wow.
You must have needed it Dreamy.
Sorry about your back. X
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2018, 05:49 PM

It makes the painkillers all the more tempting but these hardly work at all - I need to take more to get the same level of pain relief I used to have. I'm not addicted to them but have become accustomed to them. Some days I go without and just take one at night.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2018, 05:58 PM

Dreamy can you not ask for morphine patches? My BIL had these.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2018, 06:30 PM

I've got patches, quite large ones that I can stick to my back.

But they're definitely not morphine, it's some other drug. And they don't work at all for me.

I've got my heat pad, but it too doesn't seem to work and is uncomfortable on a mild day like today. I'm looking forward to using it in the Winter, though. No more hot water bottles for me. I've always used them but last Winter one burst open and it was really sore on my back and leg.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2018, 08:31 AM

I've got patches, quite large ones that I can stick to my back.

But they're definitely not morphine, it's some other drug. And they don't work at all for me.

I've got my heat pad, but it too doesn't seem to work and is uncomfortable on a mild day like today. I'm looking forward to using it in the Winter, though. No more hot water bottles for me. I've always used them but last Winter one burst open and it was really sore on my back and leg.

Ask your Doctor to prescribe Phentanyl patches for you - these really ARE Morphine based!!!
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

02-09-2018, 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Ask your Doctor to prescribe Phentanyl patches for you - these really ARE Morphine based!!!
Yes, I agree with Joe.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

02-09-2018, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Good idea, I'll do just that. I don't see her 'til the 10th but that's only a week tomorrow. I've been taking extra Oxycodone tablets but they aren't working for the pain, plus, I don't want to get addicted to them.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

02-09-2018, 06:59 PM

Good idea, I'll do just that. I don't see her 'til the 10th but that's only a week tomorrow. I've been taking extra Oxycodone tablets but they aren't working for the pain, plus, I don't want to get addicted to them.
Do let us know how you get on with them Dreamy. You are so right to be aware of addictions.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

02-09-2018, 10:27 PM

Well, I'm addicted to Valium but it's medicinally controlled; I don't buy them illegally; my doctor prescribes them.

But they, too, seem to have little effect on me. Early on in my cancer treatment, my body was fighting so many things, my mind, also, so I don't think I had any room for panic attacks.

Now, though, I've gone back to having a low level of anxiety most of the time and it's worse when I'm outside. I'm no longer so tired if I have to walk anywhere but I am more panicky hence the Tesco grocery deliveries.

The Valium seems to have no effect any more. I'm sure I would notice if I suddenly stopped taking them, but the prescribed dose has no discernible effect on me. I'm really waiting until after the PET scan and seeing the Consultant a week after before I'll have a proper discussion with my doctor.

I've had the occasional glass of wine but only small amounts. It seems to relax me with food.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

02-09-2018, 10:46 PM

A good discussion with your doctor is exactly what you need. Valium? Not heard of that for years. I think the patches that Joe recommend are a good way forward for your back pain.

Page 143 of 276 « First < 43 93 133 141 142 143 144 145 153 193 243 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top