Join for free
Page 10 of 22 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 20 > Last »
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2019, 06:41 PM

Re: Here Comes Boris' Deal

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Im getting different data from yours Juddy? Who must l believe??
I doubt it, but are you using remainer sources for data?

Donkeyman!
Hi

The detailed alterations are here.

https://ec.europa.eu/commission/publ...l-agreement_en

I agree with Judd, for what my opinion is worth.

Boris has made major concessions, far more than May did.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2019, 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Im getting different data from yours Juddy? Who must l believe??
I doubt it, but are you using remainer sources for data?

Donkeyman!
Certainly not. My source comes straight from the horse's mouth so to speak.....

Brexit Party newletter.

"Dear Supporter,

At this important time, I want to update you on The Brexit Party’s thoughts on Boris’ proposed deal. The truth is that it would be BRINO, Brexit in name only. We have always stood for a Clean-Break Brexit so we can maximise the Brexit opportunities.

This deal is still a really bad deal. Apart from unnecessarily paying £39 billion, the Political Declaration — which sets the basis for the future Free Trade Agreement with the EU — is full of traps and pitfalls. Despite the warm words, it will heavily restrict our foreign policy and military independence as well as policies on trade, tax, fishing, the environment, social and employment law, competition and state aid. We will have to operate on a “level playing field”. We would not be able to become a high growth, low tax, smartly regulated economy, which the EU is terrified that we could become.

If Boris’ treaty is passed, a transition period of over three years is likely — when we have no voice, no vote and no veto — as the EU sets new rules and laws that discriminate against us.

Any short-term temptation to back this deal will result in huge medium-term regret. It would be a historic mistake. A Clean-Break Brexit is still the right way forward.
"

Richard Tice

JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2019, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

That is just a list of changes re. Northern Ireland.

The rest of it, as far as I know, is May's deal which wasn't acceptable then and isn't acceptable now.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2019, 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->

Brexit Party newletter.

"Dear Supporter,

At this important time, I want to update you on The Brexit Party’s thoughts on Boris’ proposed deal. The truth is that it would be BRINO, Brexit in name only. We have always stood for a Clean-Break Brexit so we can maximise the Brexit opportunities.

This deal is still a really bad deal. Apart from unnecessarily paying £39 billion, the Political Declaration — which sets the basis for the future Free Trade Agreement with the EU — is full of traps and pitfalls. Despite the warm words, it will heavily restrict our foreign policy and military independence as well as policies on trade, tax, fishing, the environment, social and employment law, competition and state aid. We will have to operate on a “level playing field”. We would not be able to become a high growth, low tax, smartly regulated economy, which the EU is terrified that we could become.

If Boris’ treaty is passed, a transition period of over three years is likely — when we have no voice, no vote and no veto — as the EU sets new rules and laws that discriminate against us.

Any short-term temptation to back this deal will result in huge medium-term regret. It would be a historic mistake. A Clean-Break Brexit is still the right way forward.
"

Richard Tice

Exactly. No wonder Drunker and his sidekicks were so happy in the photos. They've been trying to conquer us for 3 1/2 years and now it looks like they've finally managed it.

If that's it, all I can say is that I am disappointed with myself for thinking I could trust Boris.

If this so-called deal should be accepted by the Commons, the only recourse open to us is to vote for the Brexit Party at the next general election and, in that event, the Conservative Party will be history. Silly Boris!
globeflower
Rutland, UK
globeflower is male 

18-10-2019, 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
A typical remainiac twisting of words tactic.

There were two options:
- Leave the EU
- Remain in the EU

No mention of deals

Please bear in mind that May's, and now probably Boris's deal is a BRINO deal and would keep us in the EU in all important respects.
No mention of deals??? Perhaps you have been busy in the last 4 years, and didn't hear any of the options that were discussed during the referendum campaign (Norway, Canada, etc.), didn't see the 8 references to a deal in the Tory Manifesto, and never heard politicians mention the subject:
Paul Nuttal: "It will be so easy to negotiate a trade deal, and of course, it's in the European Union's interest, just as it is in ours"
Gerard Batten "A trade deal with the EU could be sorted out in an afternoon over a cup of coffee"
David Davis: "You can be sure there will be a deal"
Boris Johnson: "There is no plan for no deal because we are going to get a great deal"
Liam Fox: "The free trade agreement that we will have to do with the European Union should be one of the easiest in human history"
Some of them a trifle optimistic, it transpires.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2019, 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

But the eu reopened the withdrawall agreement, which previously
they said was impossible?
And they sort of removed the backstop, which also previously was
said to be impossible?
And what are the major concessions Boris has made?
To me it seems its the may deal minus the backstop etc?
We are told we will be free immediately and trasition will end next
Year? If this is so, l can live with it! Plus as l have allready posted
elsewhere it saves us(hopefully) having to drag half the country
Kicking and screaming in terror over the dreaded so called
cliff edge! But if the lunatics in POSHOC cant see this then l am all
for the cliff edge as it is the solution l would choose myself?
I ask what is your solution to dragging half of population who
appear to be raving lunatics over cliff with us??

Regards Donkeyman!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2019, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
That is just a list of changes re. Northern Ireland.

The rest of it, as far as I know, is May's deal which wasn't acceptable then and isn't acceptable now.
Hi

Those are the only changes to May's deal, the rest of it remains the same.

Boris and most of the ERG have not only accepted May's deal, they have given way on Northern Ireland as well.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2019, 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by globeflower ->
No mention of deals??? Perhaps you have been busy in the last 4 years, and didn't hear any of the options that were discussed during the referendum campaign (Norway, Canada, etc.), didn't see the 8 references to a deal in the Tory Manifesto, and never heard politicians mention the subject:
Paul Nuttal: "It will be so easy to negotiate a trade deal, and of course, it's in the European Union's interest, just as it is in ours"
Gerard Batten "A trade deal with the EU could be sorted out in an afternoon over a cup of coffee"
Boris Johnson: "There is no plan for no deal because we are going to get a great deal"
Liam Fox: "The free trade agreement that we will have to do with the European Union should be one of the easiest in human history"

And all the complications are caused by remainers reluctance
to pursue a deal in a proper manner GF!
they have insisted we negotiated by throwing away all our natural
advantages, and fight our corner with both hands tied behind our
backs by removing no deal from the table, (our best weapon) how
stupid is that???
Maybe you noticed how eu made concessions just now, simply
because exit day is approaching! And the nearer it approaches the
more likely it is they will make more, but you lot are not looking up
to the job to me??
It is a national disgrace what has been taking place in this
country, (we cant call it a nation) anymore!!

Donkeyman!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

18-10-2019, 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by globeflower ->
Perhaps I can clarify.

A trade deal is perfectly possible, in fact almost certain, after we have left the EU completely.

It stands to reason that the EU will not give an inch while they know that they have fifth columnists in this country fighting their corner.

Once we are out, they will be clamouring to agree free trade deals with us, and their large exporters - German cars, French wine and cheese, for example - will guarantee that.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom

18-10-2019, 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->

Brexit Party newletter.

"Dear Supporter,

"

Richard Tice

Yes l agree with all of that Juddy, but is it doable without going
through another six months of the present bullshit?
I have posted my views elsewhere on the forum asking for some
clarifications on the truths of the so called deal and maybe l can
get better informed?
Thanks for the brexit party communicate, but l am losing faith in
them also as they dont seem to have established any physical
local offices yet and the people l have contacted, some of them
asked me for info, so it seems they are only virtual at the moment?

Regards Donkeyman!

Page 10 of 22 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 20 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top