Join for free
Page 2 of 20 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
DragonsRealm
Montgomery,Alabama
DragonsRealm is male  DragonsRealm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2016, 12:25 PM

Re: Read This And Tell Me , You Are Still Against Hanging.....

Not quite sure where Malcolm got his figures but whatever.I am in favor of the Death Penalty,there has to be some respect for people, and consequences for those that break the law.sitting in Prison is a cake walk for some,3 square meals,a bed for the night,every night,that is more than they ever had.I don't tolerate scum that harm Children.Here in the U.S. the appeals process takes to long,almost 20 years in some cases.The law's needs changed,1 year max,all evidence heard and presented in court, none of this what's admissible junk,everything heard even the person's youth offender record's,because that can establish a pattern.Our prisons are bulging at the seams from these douche bags that think they are above the Law.Time to make room I say,hang em high,and on to the next one.OH this is JMO
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2016, 12:37 PM

I have very mixed feelings re the death penalty. The criminal is suffering nothing when he's dead, the victims, if still alive, continue to suffer. Criminals such as the one above should suffer for the rest of their miserable lives. Forget their "human rights", lock them in a cell with nothing but a mattress and a toilet, no luxuries whatsoever, ever, let them sit there day after day, year after year. It's no more than they deserve. They gave up their "human rights" when they committed their vile crimes.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2016, 12:38 PM

If the folks of a country voted for the return of Capital Punishment, that is Ok, but the folks who voted aye should then go on a rota as Hangman for a day, the same principle as us meat eaters spending a day in the abattoir.Imo.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2016, 12:47 PM

I think it is sensible not to bring back hanging, however despicable the crime. Too many people have been hanged in the past for crimes they didn't commit.

Having said that scum like the murderer of the Dowler girl should be jailed for life under a very tough regime, with no privileges whatsoever.
Linda0818
USA
Linda0818 is female  Linda0818 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2016, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by solo ->
I go against many when I say in preference to hanging I would rather they lived a long life..in prison..facing everyday knowing that someone in that jail is waiting for the chance to do them harm and will do so at every chance they can

Being in solitary is no protection
Yeah, but the problem is many of these people (if you can call them that) are paroled after, say, 20 years of imprisonment for 'good behavior' and many of them also go out there and do it again.

I'm personally for torture. Screw imprisonment and screw the death penalty - torture these monsters severely until they're begging for death.
Linda0818
USA
Linda0818 is female  Linda0818 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2016, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I don't think there is any doubt that he is guilty and I am horrified that he chose to brag about it to a fellow inmate. Death is too good for him so what about weekly sessions locked in a room with a bunch of perverts who are allowed to rape and torture him.......... I wonder how long it would be before he was begging for the death penalty!
I'm with you.
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2016, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by Linda0818 ->
Yeah, but the problem is many of these people (if you can call them that) are paroled after, say, 20 years of imprisonment for 'good behavior' and many of them also go out there and do it again.
Bellfield is a serial killer and he has been given a whole life sentence.
Linda0818
USA

10-02-2016, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by Pats ->
Bellfield is a serial killer and he has been given a whole life sentence.
Well, I wasn't talking about him specifically. I meant people like him in general who end up going free because of, again, either good behavior or some loop hole in the system.

And this doesn't help...

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/1400-lif...-last-3-years/
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2016, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi
I am against the death penalty, just my own personal view.

I have no problems at all with killing someone to save the lives of innocents or to prevent injury to them, neither do I have any problem in killing someone who is trying to kill me.

I do however object to killing a prisoner who is no longer a danger to others.
I agree with the above , I am against violence of any kind with those exceptions.

How can we condemn those who kill and and at the same time agree with taking a life, it makes us as culpable as a killer.
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2016, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
Too many people have been hanged in the past for crimes they didn't commit.
See my post below
Originally Posted by malcolm ->
Three thousand five hundred Negroes have been lynched in the USA between 1882 and 1968.
Not one person was ever charged in connection with any of these hangings.
Swift justice is not always the best way !

Page 2 of 20 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top