Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2014, 06:05 PM

Re: Blackpool

well I'm looking forward to my break as from Monday, Blackpool is what you make of it, go with a negative attitude and you probably wont enjoy it but if like me you keep an open mind and see what it has to offer then you wont go far wrong.Ripley's museum is a great place to visit, very interesting indeed!
Ill be off to Fleetwood, Cleveleys and Lytham, gotta pack it all in over our four days escapade
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2014, 06:43 PM

Have a good time Honey
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2014, 06:45 PM

oh I will for sure!
Abbey
Chatterbox
Scotland UK
Abbey is female  Abbey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2014, 12:54 PM

Just back from our two night break to Blackpool . Stayed at the North Ocean Hotel which was small and very quiet ( just what we like ) They also did great breakfasts . Ate out one night at Pizza Express which we like . The other night we ate at The Curry Queen Indian restaurant at Bispham . The banquet meal was the princely sum of £ 9.99 for a 4 course meal . I can honestly say in over 40 years of eating Indian food this was the nicest and cheapest Indian meal I have ever had !
We took full advantage of the daily tram/ bus ticket and jumped on and off buses and trams a lot . We found the people there to be very friendly and chatty in all the shops etc . They have a lovely big new Sainsburys there which when you come from a quiet wee village was a real treat .
The illuminations were fantastic and well worth seeing . We deliberately went midweek to avoid any stag / hen night activity and when when were out at night we saw no trouble . I look forward to my next trip to Blackpool .
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2014, 12:56 PM

so glad you enjoyed Blackpool
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2014, 10:29 PM

Glad you had a nice time Abbey. I think you were wise to go midweek.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2014, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by Abbey ->
Just back from our two night break to Blackpool . Stayed at the North Ocean Hotel which was small and very quiet ( just what we like ) They also did great breakfasts . Ate out one night at Pizza Express which we like . The other night we ate at The Curry Queen Indian restaurant at Bispham . The banquet meal was the princely sum of £ 9.99 for a 4 course meal . I can honestly say in over 40 years of eating Indian food this was the nicest and cheapest Indian meal I have ever had !
We took full advantage of the daily tram/ bus ticket and jumped on and off buses and trams a lot . We found the people there to be very friendly and chatty in all the shops etc . They have a lovely big new Sainsburys there which when you come from a quiet wee village was a real treat .
The illuminations were fantastic and well worth seeing . We deliberately went midweek to avoid any stag / hen night activity and when when were out at night we saw no trouble . I look forward to my next trip to Blackpool .
Glad you had a good time. I really must put Blackpool on my bucket list.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2014, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Glad you had a good time. I really must put Blackpool on my bucket list.

I can just see you with a 'Kiss me Quick' hat on Jazzi..
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.

19-10-2014, 10:38 AM

Only joking Jazzi - Blackpool's not like that anymore!
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2014, 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
I can just see you with a 'Kiss me Quick' hat on Jazzi..
Erm, actually, no way!!!

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top