Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
AlbertaS
Berkshire, UK
AlbertaS is female  AlbertaS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2014, 12:30 PM

New boy Beau

Meet my new boy Beau. Being in our 70's we thought we were too old to adopt another dog, that is until we saw Beau.
He had been shaved, was being treated for a painful ear infection and had a tooth out. He has also had a dislocated knee for years, which has left him with a slight limp. The pic below is of him after 3 months, so looking good in a short time.

He was on the Many Tears site and was in foster care. He had been rescued from a puppy farm and had lived in a cage in a shed for 6yrs. He now has the run of wherever he wants and is such a sweet dog and is enjoying not known before cuddles. I feel so proud of the way he has taken to home life and to learning all the things that he has never done before.

His only 'fault' is that he won't move without his favourite ball, his first toy. If he can't find it he constantly barks while we crawl around on all fours looking for it. Just in case it gets lost, I bought 2 new ones on the internet. They are an identical make, same bright orange colour and size but he won't even look at them. You wouldn't believe the times his one has had to be rescued from another dog, so it's fingers crossed every time it is thrown.

Our lovely boy
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2014, 12:39 PM

Re: New boy Beau

What lovely people you are and what a lovely wee dog! Hope you get many years of pleasure together.
PoppyToo
New Member!
Northamptonshire
PoppyToo is female 

09-11-2014, 12:46 PM

What a lucky day for little Beau when he found such caring owners. He looks completely content in your picture - a happy dog.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2014, 12:52 PM

Alberta, what a darling little Bichon. "Many Tears" rescue mainly from puppy farms, and many of their dogs have had to exist in the most horrific conditions all their life, so each one that finds a loving home like yours must be something they could have only dreamed of before.
Well done for having the compassion to give him the chance of a new life.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2014, 12:55 PM

All he wanted was love and he has found it at long last

Well done Alberta for giving him this chance .... now his life begins
Abbey
Chatterbox
Scotland UK
Abbey is female  Abbey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2014, 01:14 PM

Well done for taking in this wee soul . I'm always looking at the Many Tears website and the stories are completely heartbreaking . Sounds like he is a clever wee guy with a great personality and completely gorgeous too
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2014, 01:40 PM

Beau is a beauty ! Well done to you x
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2014, 02:53 PM

What a little cutie and so lucky to have found you, hope you have many happy years together.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2014, 03:16 PM

What a little angel
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2014, 04:19 PM

What a gorgeous boy, and a dead ringer for my Alfie (see my albums).

Heres wishing you many happy years together.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top