Join for free
Page 3 of 28 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2016, 11:36 AM

Re: Should Madeleine McCann's parents accept blame?

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I haven't read the article I don't need to.
A do wish cruel gossips everywhere would let this matter rest and stop picking at people's wounds .

Madeline's parents made a terrible mistake leaving a child alone for which they will spend the rest of their life paying. They do not need the added pain of never-ending gossip.
Well said .
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2016, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by Boozercruiser ->
That's OK Twink.
I am not averse to a bit of CP.

PS
Anyway, someone somewhere will pull you up for frivolity in a serious thread.
Mind you, as you well know, I am not averse to a bit of that either.
To be honest Kenny, I treat these threads as a conversation and there are always lighter moments in conversations...even on serious subjects!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2016, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
they courted publicity so cannot complain when that publicity is negative, surely?
Terry any sensible parents (and of course the police) would ask the public for help to find a missing child.

That is not the same as inviting them to indulge in never ending scurrilous gossip a past time which is eagerly assisted by the gutter press who print anything they can get away with to sell a few newspapers.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2016, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
To be honest Kenny, I treat these threads as a conversation and there are always lighter moments in conversations...even on serious subjects!
Yes Twink.
I really could not agree more, however, you are not going to believe this, BUT.
There are some who would disagree with our point of view, and if you and I or whoever was being totally frivolous all of the time, in such a serious discussion, then they would have a point.
But like you say, placing something light in a thread where people are having a heated discussion does no harm.
In my opinion.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2016, 12:04 PM

Terry any sensible parents (and of course the police) would ask the public for help to find a missing child.

That is not the same as inviting them to indulge in never ending scurrilous gossip a past time which is eagerly assisted by the gutter press who print anything they can get away with to sell a few newspapers.
For many years now Meg, this couple have courted eleven million pounds worth of publicity.
They have only themselves to blame if a lot of that publicity does not have them coming out of this smelling of roses.

Thank you for correcting my spelling mistake.
Much appreciated.

KennyX
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2016, 12:21 PM

It is easy for us to say, they should let go but we aren't them. They may feel if they give up, that they have let Madeleine down.
In the 1980's we occasionally left our children in the chalet in a holiday complex in Majorca and staff listened at the door. We were only a short way away and they would alert you if they heard crying. By today's standards that would be a dreadful thing to do but in those days it was a regular thing for parents wanting to have some time together whilst on holiday.
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2016, 12:32 PM

I agree.
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2016, 12:52 PM

Madeline's parents made a terrible mistake leaving a child alone for which they will spend the rest of their life paying. They do not need the added pain of never-ending gossip.
I would agree with that if the McCanns hadn't been such avid self-publicists, self-righteous prigs and refused to answer police questions. If they had thrown their hands in the air at the beginning and accepted their share of responsibility for the alleged abduction., I think there would be much greater pubic sympathy for them. As it is - harsh as it may seem, they are reaping what they sowed.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2016, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
It is easy for us to say, they should let go but we aren't them. They may feel if they give up, that they have let Madeleine down.
In the 1980's we occasionally left our children in the chalet in a holiday complex in Majorca and staff listened at the door. We were only a short way away and they would alert you if they heard crying. By today's standards that would be a dreadful thing to do but in those days it was a regular thing for parents wanting to have some time together whilst on holiday.
I don't have children but I recall many parents putting their children to bed before they joined us for a drink in the hotel bar and we all used to take it in turns to check on them, which was exactly what the McCanns were doing. I don't see that blaming them helps anybody!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2016, 01:02 PM

I always wonder at the many threads I have seen throughout the years on this subject what sort of people take pleasuring in attacking the afflicted .
And afflicted in a terrible way the loss of a child.
It's incomprehensible to me
Why do they do it?
It's something akin to dogs who will frequently attack their wounded fellows .
Does it make them feel better more self righteous or something?

Page 3 of 28 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top