Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2017, 03:11 PM

Re: Can't be bothered days

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
That is because you have an intelligent mind that needs to be exercised Pesta.

I'm not gay or anything, but I love you Twink

I don't know what family you have, but you say you have a daughter on your profile, so here is a challenge......

Go through the internet and search to find something interesting that you can make for her for Christmas.You know what you are good at doing and it doesn't have to cost much, so long as it will make her smile when she sees it.

Now, that's could be a good idea Twink, 'cept she doesn't need anything. Oooh, hang on, she's fed up of her 'new' used car as it has no power (she reckons). Maybe I can find her a Dinky Toy car for Christmas.

If you can't think of anything, what about making a cheeky get well card for Meg? We know you have a sense of humour, so you could photograph it and put it on a post.

I'll have to think about that one... I wish her well but fell short of hugging her with her virus.

When I get bored, I go through my fridge/freezer and cupboards and create a new meal that I can enjoy!

That is the worst thing imaginable for me. Cooking? Bah humbug...

Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2017, 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Oddy I was discussing the same thing with my sister recently she and I have always scrubbed every inch of our houses including the front path.
We both agreed we 'couldn't be bothered' as much as we used to and not all things gets cleaned the way they once did.

I think as you get older every job seems to take so much longer to complete so interest and enthusiasm is lost leading to a 'can't be bothered' to start something attitude because it takes so long to achieve the satisfaction of a task completed.
Mmmm this age malarky isn't all it's cracked up to be is it.

Very remiss of me, and I feel SO rotten not thinking of it myself. Twink suggested I send you a Get Well Card. So Meg, get better quick lass :

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	BB-HS-081-vultures.500.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	16.8 KB
ID:	4377  
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK

31-10-2017, 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I have had a reflective time sat on my bum this morning, in the traffic on the M6 and A500.

A 4 hour trip back home.
Oh dear Swimmy.... how's your bum with all that sitting on a plastic seat, or is it leather
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2017, 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
Mmmm this age malarky isn't all it's cracked up to be is it.

Very remiss of me, and I feel SO rotten not thinking of it myself. Twink suggested I send you a Get Well Card. So Meg, get better quick lass :
Aw thank you Pesta
vultures ...
how.....
......lovely
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK

31-10-2017, 04:22 PM

Just hurry up and get better before they eat you
Marion
Norfolk
Marion is female  Marion has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2017, 04:37 PM

I know that feeling well of not being bothered to do anything.
My husband died 7 years ago. Up until then I was the perfect housewife, my house didn't have a speck of dust in it, and I always seemed to be doing something.
Since he died though, and I am 73 now, I keep saying "why bother, there is only me to see it".
I can spend a whole day doing nothing at all, I don't count sitting watching TV or spending hours on the laptop.
But recently I met up with a friend who I have known since my children and hers started school. We have started meeting up once a week for coffee, chat and shop.
I have also joined the U3A, so many things to do I could be out morning noon and night.
I have also joined our local Volunteer Agency, getting to people that can't get out, and just chatting and listening to them. Then I see that there are a lot of people worse off than me.
So this last 3 months have actually been interesting. For the first time in 7 years I have something to do during the day, besides taking my pup for a walk,.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2017, 05:00 PM

I blame the hour change! Even though we gained an hour, l still think it messes you about!
I had a ‘ can’t be bothered day’ yesterday. I told myself, ‘It’s because you can and there’s always tomorrow!
I felt a bit guilty as l had done absolutely nothing, only collecting up stuff to put in the bin for collection today and made dinner!
At night, I looked in the mirror and saw an old biddy looking back at me! My hair needed washing and l had no make up on!
At that point, l gave myself a good talking to!

So this morning, l was up early, coloured my roots, slapped some make up on with extra mascara.... then l remembered, l was going to the dentist and once she started that scale and polish, my mascara would run!
Yep, true to form, l came out of the dentist, looked in my car rear view mirror and there was a panda staring back at me!
It was a good job that l brought some cream and tissues with me!
I then went into town and then onto Costco and now l feel more like a humanoid again for getting out and not sitting at home!!
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2017, 05:14 PM

I too am blaming the clock changing for my tiredness and general fug. But it wasent just that one hour.

We went on holiday for two weeks at the beginning of October had to put the clock forward 1 hour, came back had to put the clock back 1 hour, was back two weeks and had to put the clock back again 1 hour.

My body clock is all over the place. Think i will go home to bed.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2017, 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I am trying to be 'bothered' but after a weekend of Norovirus and now a chest infection I am find it difficult to work up any enthusiasm for much at all .

On the plus side I have lost 3lb since friday a helpful contribution to attaining a BMI of 25 by Christmas (for reasons of health not vanity)

I have managed to wash the kitchen floor/hoover/walk Chloe/defrost home made bread and soup for lunch....
.... with a bit of self persuasion ..
Gosh, Meg.. Norovirus? That sounds awful on its own, never mind with a chest infection as well! I have only heard of people having Norovirus when they shut hospital wards down and tell people to stay away!
I feel for you, as you must be feeling very low at the moment. Keep warm and l hope you feel better soon.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

31-10-2017, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by shirley ->
I too am blaming the clock changing for my tiredness and general fug. But it wasent just that one hour.

We went on holiday for two weeks at the beginning of October had to put the clock forward 1 hour, came back had to put the clock back 1 hour, was back two weeks and had to put the clock back again 1 hour.

My body clock is all over the place. Think i will go home to bed.
Shirley, it sounds like you don’t know if you are coming or going!!

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top