Join for free
Page 6 of 9 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »
Linda0818
USA
Linda0818 is female  Linda0818 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2017, 10:38 PM

Re: I Might Buy A Soup Maker!

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I also have a bread maker although I haven't used it for years. I liked the bread but found that the hole in the bottom was not ideal when making sandwiches.
Or when the little churny thing gets baked up inside the loaf and you have to dig it out
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2017, 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by Linda0818 ->
Or when the little churny thing gets baked up inside the loaf and you have to dig it out
Linda, I don’t mind that, as the bread is so delicious!!
Linda0818
USA
Linda0818 is female  Linda0818 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2017, 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Linda, I don’t mind that, as the bread is so delicious!!
It is. I'll have to make a loaf one of these days soon, but I've found that nobody but me eats it, so I usually don't bother anymore.
Boot
England
Boot is female  Boot has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2017, 11:40 PM

Well, l have gone and done it!
After lots of research and pondering, if l should, or should not! I have gone and bought a Morphy Richards Total Control Soup Maker!
I wanted one that would sauté and have a Pre-Clean Function and removable jug.
It was almost £60 at Costco but costing up to £100 and more elsewhere! Ok, it’s not an essential requirement but my excuse... you only live once!!
I have carrots and coriander all ready to make some soup!
I’ll let you know the outcome!!
I make lots of different veggie soups, so I'll be interested to hear how you get on with this - I'm not really sure what a soup maker does and how much time and effort it saves.

I've just made some carrot and coriander soup today - took me about 10 minutes to prepare - I just roughly slice onion, garlic and carrots, sauté them in a little oil, then mix in ground coriander before adding veg stock.
Simmering takes about 30 minutes, then a quick whizz with a stick blender and it's ready for serving with a swirl of creme fraiche and a sprinkle of coriander leaves.
Norway
i
Norway is male  Norway has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2017, 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by May ->
A pot which makes Your soup for You?...noo that's clever...does it peel,scrape,grate the veg' too

Like it
A saucepan , knife, peeler??
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2017, 03:58 PM

Well, l have gone and done it!
After lots of research and pondering, if l should, or should not! I have gone and bought a Morphy Richards Total Control Soup Maker!
I wanted one that would sauté and have a Pre-Clean Function and removable jug.
It was almost £60 at Costco but costing up to £100 and more elsewhere! Ok, it’s not an essential requirement but my excuse... you only live once!!
I have carrots and coriander all ready to make some soup!
I’ll let you know the outcome!!
Yes let us know I'm always interested in gadgets.
Marion
Norfolk
Marion is female  Marion has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2017, 04:03 PM

I bought my soup maker when they very first came out. Its a Morphy Richards one, and to be honest, I wouldn't be without it.
It will make me smooth or chunky soup.
Stick everything you need in there, put the lid on, set the timer and 20 minutes later its done.
I can't remember the last time I bought a tin of soup.
And the only thing you have to wash is the jug maker
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2017, 04:22 PM

I just don't get the need to fill a kitchen full of gadgets I can make perfect soup in a large saucepan .
Does a soup maker chop and sweat off the vegetables, if not what is the benefit of one.

The best aid to making soup is the freshest vegetables organic if possible.

Likewise bread makers, do they make bread sticks and bread rolls as well as square loaves if not what is the point of them cluttering up the kitchen .
Linda0818
USA

11-11-2017, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I just don't get the need to fill a kitchen full of gadgets I can make perfect soup in a large saucepan .
Does a soup maker chop and sweat off the vegetables, if not what is the benefit of one.

The best aid to making soup is the freshest vegetables organic if possible.

Likewise bread makers, do they make bread sticks and bread rolls as well as square loaves if not what is the point of them cluttering up the kitchen .
I hate kitchen clutter, so I keep all of my small appliances (with the exception of the toaster, toaster oven and microwave, of course) in my storage room sitting neatly on shelves. I've got a really nice electric skillet, four crockpots, a rice steamer, a bread machine (that I rarely ever use) 2 food processors, several sandwich makers, a blender, a griddle, a deep fryer and a panini press. Oh and a quesadilla maker.

I think that's all of it, but to be sure, I'd have to go look

I'm a small appliance junkie, but truthfully, of all those things, I use the bread machine the least. As for soup, I like taking my time with it. Good soup needs time. I love peeling and chopping all the vegetables and adding the herbs and letting it all simmer slowly on the stove for a couple of hours and smelling that aroma that fill the house.

If I want fast soup, I'll pop open a tin.
Newcomer
Dorset
Newcomer is female  Newcomer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2017, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by Boot ->
I make lots of different veggie soups, so I'll be interested to hear how you get on with this - I'm not really sure what a soup maker does and how much time and effort it saves.

I've just made some carrot and coriander soup today - took me about 10 minutes to prepare - I just roughly slice onion, garlic and carrots, sauté them in a little oil, then mix in ground coriander before adding veg stock.
Simmering takes about 30 minutes, then a quick whizz with a stick blender and it's ready for serving with a swirl of creme fraiche and a sprinkle of coriander leaves.
I'm with you on this boot. Easy to make soup with a hand mixer. Mine''s a bamix. Takes up hardly any space and very quick. I don't personally like my veg soups to be cooking for long periods as I think the vitamins will be killed .

Page 6 of 9 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top