Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2017, 07:45 AM

I'm not being a defeatist but....

I've just reorganised my wardrobes...

I dont have a large wardrobe so I always pack away summer wear during winter and visa versa..

This morning I got the blanket storage bag down and packed away all the thin blouses, the shorts and the summer dresses that I just know will not get a chance to be worn this year.. My wardrobe is now the domain of long sleeves , cardi's and jumpers.
My dog walking trousers ( winter lined and water resistent) and winter coat are also hanging up again..

Im off to buy a new pair of walking shoes later because the shop has a sale on and I am going to get a spare pair for when the weather gets really awful...

Not being defeatist just realistic I think...
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2017, 07:58 AM

Re: I'm not being a defeatist but....

I never plan, I just cuss, when wearing the same stuff in winter, as in summer, I get a soaking, but equally, I hate anything robust on my feet, or clothing that makes me sweat, or restricts, spose I'm at one with the weather, and the season.

P.S I could never walk the dog in wellingtons (on me not the dog)
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2017, 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
I never plan, I just cuss, when wearing the same stuff in winter, as in summer, I get a soaking, but equally, I hate anything robust on my feet, or clothing that makes me sweat, or restricts, spose I'm at one with the weather, and the season.

P.S I could never walk the dog in wellingtons (on me not the dog)
Same here mate. My summer/winter collection is one and the same apart from a coat.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2017, 08:08 AM

I just layer up

It rains every day here so a hooded jacket is always in the car, along with a fleece in case it gets cold. I do need new boots though. I live in boots and the ones I've lived in for three years have finally given up and have started coming away from the soles
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2017, 08:27 AM

ive just bought my Autumn /winter clothes Cass ,i now need to pack some summer wear away .Last night must have been the start of cold Autumn nights i had to put my warm PJs on .
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2017, 11:48 AM

Living where we do and with Murphy to walk wellies and decent walking shoes are a must. I layer up according to the severity of the weather. In minus10 extra layers are essential!

I'm also going to change the duvet for the autumn one tomorrow...I had cold toes last night.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2017, 11:49 AM

I have Cold/warm weather wardrobes too. I like to be organised that way.

Luckily I have a spare room full of empty wardrobes so no need to pack anything away.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2017, 07:26 AM

I tried on a beautiful light tweedy winter coat yesterday but where would I wear it ?
It would get filthy in the country be lovely for going to church but I don't go to church.
So stick to stuff that looks better on a hiker thermal quited WARM !
Shucks I have got all that already .
Cass
NL

10-09-2017, 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I tried on a beautiful light tweedy winter coat yesterday but where would I wear it ?
It would get filthy in the country be lovely for going to church but I don't go to church.
So stick to stuff that looks better on a hiker thermal quited WARM !
Shucks I have got all that already .

I always laugh at those makeover shows,,, high heels and fancy skirts... Sure Ive got all that in the wardrobe but I need clothes that work with me being a carer in the day and a doggy walker and general scruff in my free time.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2017, 07:43 AM

I need to sort out my wardrobes a pal told me if you haven't worn it for over a year sling it. Problem is I'm not good at getting rid, I look at it with every intention of it going in the charity bag then I think well you never know I might wear it one day and back it goes into the wardrobe

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top