Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
SamTheMan
Merseyside
SamTheMan is male  SamTheMan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2017, 11:43 AM

Last Night of the Proms

Did you watch Bbc last night, last night of the proms.
I'm not a great lover of classical music, some of it is ok. But i think it's hard to watch the Proms and not feel patriotic and join in with the singing.
I'd love to be talented like those musicians. I've bought myself a ukulele and want to learn to play that, i noticed they didn't have a ukulele section last night. Perhaps if i practise enough they'll offer me a job in next years Proms.
tomtwodogs
Lynmouth U.K.
tomtwodogs is male  tomtwodogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2017, 12:08 PM

Re: Last Night of the Proms

I luv last night at the proms Sam, but alas I went to the pub last night, well ya have to be sociable eh, and yes I also attempt to play the uke, in fact have two plus a Banjolele ( George Formby ) which are all tuned the same way G.C.E.A. or Goats Can Eat Anything, which is a good way of remembering the tuning sequence ,there are some good tuition videos on U tube for the Uke, good luck and keep on practising !
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2017, 12:34 PM

Yes I watched it, always do

I try to catch as much of the proms as I can.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2017, 01:12 PM

Hello Bill, Welcome to the forum, l hope you like it here.

I didn't watch Last Night Of The Proms last night but l will look at it on Catch Up and report back.
I think it's the Hooray Henry's and Henrietta's waving their flags like mad uns that puts me off a bit! I do love the enthusiasm of the orchestra conductors though!
I understand some were waving EEC flags last night, is that true?

All together now, sing..... "Land of Hope and Glory.......
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2017, 01:31 PM

Yes loads of EEC flags last night, more then any other flags. A definite protest
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2017, 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Hello Bill, Welcome to the forum, l hope you like it here.

I didn't watch Last Night Of The Proms last night but l will look at it on Catch Up and report back.
I think it's the Hooray Henry's and Henrietta's waving their flags like mad uns that puts me off a bit! I do love the enthusiasm of the orchestra conductors though!

No Angel darlin' - this one is much better!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeT17YeUj5k
Marion
Norfolk
Marion is female  Marion has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2017, 04:11 PM

I always watch it, but I did notice last night amongst the "promanarders" how many of the older generation were there.
Usually its all youngsters but not last night.

And yes I had a sing along as well
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2017, 05:30 PM

Well since a pro-EU bunch gave away thousands as folk entered; isn't it sad when some will take any opportunity to promote their dogma.

Elsewhere all was as normal, and since you asked for it ........
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2017, 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by Missy ->
Yes loads of EEC flags last night, more then any other flags. A definite protest
On the contrary, from what I saw there were fewer than last year. As I have said elsewhere, there were far more individual European nations' flags than EU ones, which is a pleasant surprise as it has been reported that some anti-British organisation bought and handed out over a thousand to people as they arrived at the RAH. I got the impression that the majority declined the offer and told them where to stuff them!
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2017, 06:39 PM

Just because EE flags were given out free dint mean people would wave them,it just goes to show that many of the young ones want to remain.With so much indecision going on aeound the leaving surely there should be a second referendum. I do love the last night at the proms ,feel very patriotic, unfortunately I didnt realise it was on so missed it. I will try catch up later

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top