Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2017, 01:16 PM

Can't be bothered days

What do you do?

I hate the 'can't be bothered' feeling. No ideas to do anything, nothing of any consequence to do, things that need doing have been done....'I'll do such and such now'.... nah, can't be bothered.

I've half filled a bag of old clothes for Air Ambulance, olive oiled my ears, done a bit of housework, been on R/move finding anything new on the market for me (nothing), read the news online.

Read? Nah. Crosswords? Nah. Tidy garden? Nah. Can't be bothered to put make-up on, so not going out anywhere.

So I'm sat here instead getting botty rot asking what you do when you can't find that spur to do something.

Sigh.

Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2017, 01:26 PM

Re: Can't be bothered days

I am trying to be 'bothered' but after a weekend of Norovirus and now a chest infection I am find it difficult to work up any enthusiasm for much at all .

On the plus side I have lost 3lb since friday a helpful contribution to attaining a BMI of 25 by Christmas (for reasons of health not vanity)

I have managed to wash the kitchen floor/hoover/walk Chloe/defrost home made bread and soup for lunch....
.... with a bit of self persuasion ..
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2017, 01:30 PM

I've usually such a long list of to do things it's just a case of picking one and sticking to it long enough to finish it.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2017, 01:34 PM

Oh dear Meg... I have no excuse do I. Sorry to hear you've been poorly with the Norovirus and you have yet another chest infection. You do suffer with your chest don't you?

I'd send you a hug, but you might give my lappy the virus

I feel guilty now, all I've got is botty rot from lazyitis.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK

31-10-2017, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I've usually such a long list of to do things it's just a case of picking one and sticking to it long enough to finish it.
Another guilty feeling settles around me Julie. You have tons on your plate to cope with lass

The sun has crept out, maybe I should be thankful that at least I'm not suffering anything other than piles. I believe sitting for long periods doesn't help. So -

Methinks you two have inspired me to do ..... erm....
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2017, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
Oh dear Meg... I have no excuse do I. Sorry to hear you've been poorly with the Norovirus and you have yet another chest infection. You do suffer with your chest don't you?

I'd send you a hug, but you might give my lappy the virus

I feel guilty now, all I've got is botty rot from lazyitis.
Pesta as long as you are happy doing that which you are doing a spot of lazyitis doesn't matter...
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK

31-10-2017, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Pesta as long as you are happy doing that which you are doing a spot of lazyitis doesn't matter...
... being bored and feeling aimless is SO bloody boring tho Meg
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2017, 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
... being bored and feeling aimless is SO bloody boring tho Meg
That is because you have an intelligent mind that needs to be exercised Pesta.

I don't know what family you have, but you say you have a daughter on your profile, so here is a challenge......

Go through the internet and search to find something interesting that you can make for her for Christmas.You know what you are good at doing and it doesn't have to cost much, so long as it will make her smile when she sees it.

If you can't think of anything, what about making a cheeky get well card for Meg? We know you have a sense of humour, so you could photograph it and put it on a post.

When I get bored, I go through my fridge/freezer and cupboards and create a new meal that I can enjoy!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

31-10-2017, 02:18 PM

Oddy I was discussing the same thing with my sister recently she and I have always scrubbed every inch of our houses including the front path.
We both agreed we 'couldn't be bothered' as much as we used to and not all things gets cleaned the way they once did.

I think as you get older every job seems to take so much longer to complete so interest and enthusiasm is lost leading to a 'can't be bothered' to start something attitude because it takes so long to achieve the satisfaction of a task completed.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2017, 02:29 PM

Hi

I have had a reflective time sat on my bum this morning, in the traffic on the M6 and A500.

A 4 hour trip back home.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top