Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2011, 11:37 PM

Young dreams.

Do any of you find as you get older the more you dream of when you were younger?. I can't ever remember having a nightmare, I put that down to my Grandmother who used to tell my older Brother and me old fashioned ghost stories when we were kids, ghosts or spooky things never bothered us after that.
I was dreaming the other night of the 60's and was dancing in a dancehall with my girl friend and having a good time, then I blinked my eyes for a split second and when I opened them I was dancing with an old lady!, I got out of the bed and went into the bathroom, looked in the mirror, and this old geyser stares back at me!.
This is what you could call a nightmare in reverse, the horror begins when you wake up.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2011, 11:45 PM

Re: Young dreams.

Great story Jem!

I can never remember my good dreams but I always find myself waking up during frightening ones. I daren't look in the mirror, it would only make things worse!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2011, 08:50 AM

I am told that we all dream when asleep. If that is so, then I have never had such a vivid dream that it has either woken me up or been so memorable that I can remember it the next morning. Lucky I guess!!!
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2011, 08:59 AM

I dream quite a lot and can remember some of the content, although most of it is total confusion. I never seem to be involved directly though, just more of a bystander usually, so I never get to see how old I am...weird...
rueben
lancs uk
rueben is female  rueben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2011, 09:31 AM

I don't normally remember much about dreams apart from bits that don't make any sense and then I wonder why I have been dreaming such odd scenario's. Nightmares on the other hand are vivid and do waken me and I am relieved to find it is not real. I don't have a bad dream very often thank goodness or I would dread going to sleep.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2011, 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
I am told that we all dream when asleep. If that is so, then I have never had such a vivid dream that it has either woken me up or been so memorable that I can remember it the next morning. Lucky I guess!!!
I understand this is so and it is very important that we do .
I was listening to a programme on the radio about recent research carried out into dreams. Apparently they pay a vital part in our ability to memorise things. The things we experience and think about during the day/recent days are analysed by our brains while we sleep 'dreams' and the information is sorted ,stored or discarded .
I guess my brain doesn't do a very good job and puts some things in the wrong place so I can't find them when I need them and they pop up later when I don't .

Those deprived of sleep and therefore 'dream time' (and I can confirm this is so) experience disorientation and memory problems like not knowing what day it is.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2011, 09:49 AM

I don't really look back to the past very much in dreams - my dreams are usually in the present or future and they often do seem to reflect what is on my mind at the time. I have always had very vivid and sometimes bizzare dreams for as long as I can remember - some good and some not so good. I wish I could be just a by-stander looking on in my dreams Plantman, but usually I am right there in the middle of them. Sometimes I can recall them first thing in the morning, but then later in the day it's gone. My husband always knows when I have a bad dream and sometimes he wakes me up out of it. You are probably lucky if you can't remember a bad dream Uncle Joe, (or maybe you are just the stable type).
I wouldn't dare look in the mirror after a nightmare. I try not to look in the mirror at all these days - I prefer to keep an illusion alive I do remember once after I had been quite ill looking in the mirror and being shocked at what looked back at me. I never bother much with mirrors these days. I think - w..y.s..i.w.y.g.
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2011, 11:42 AM

We live in a society where radiant youth is held up as a lofty goal for everyone. You don't see old, overweight models with bald spots on TV or commercials. The "beautiful people" rule. People try anything to live forever. I, for one, doesn't want one more day on this old earth than I am allotted. There's an old saying that I live by: "Everyone wants to go to Heaven, but noboady is willing to die to get there".
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2011, 05:35 PM

Was never that interested in 'harp' music, besides which its too draughty, prefer to be in the warm so when I 'go' am going downstairs to stoke the fires.
Jean
Northern ireland
Jean is female  Jean has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2011, 05:37 PM

I dream a lot, some people would say not to drink wine or eat cheese too close on going to bed, as that makes you dream, not sure of there is any truth in that!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top