Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2015, 07:19 PM

Re: Acid Reflux.

Turns out my endoscopy proved I am positive for H. Pylori,
I have been given massive amounts of antibiotics, 6 a day plus they have double my Lansoprazole and stopped my statin.
Hopefully be alright for Christmas.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2015, 01:02 AM

I thought they could test for that bacteria from just a breath test Wrinkly?

I do hope you feel better very soon.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2015, 01:10 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
That's interesting cass. Manuka honey is supposed to be good for all sort of things, like wounds for example, but I had never thought of it for tummy's.
Glad it's helping hubby.
As I understand it, honey and in particular Manuka honey is an antiseptic.

Manuka honey tastes yukky, so it MUST be beneficial.

My late husband suffered from reflux for some years and it was discovered that he had Achalasia
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2015, 08:24 AM

I thought they could test for that bacteria from just a breath test Wrinkly?

I do hope you feel better very soon.
As far as I know Mups, they cant tell any other way than an endoscopy with a biopsy being taken.
It has taken nearly three years to actually get a diagnosis.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2015, 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by Wrinkly ->
As far as I know Mups, they cant tell any other way than an endoscopy with a biopsy being taken.
It has taken nearly three years to actually get a diagnosis.

Perhaps it was in the future they're hoping to be able to diagnose from a breath test then Wrinkly. I read it somewhere, just can't think where. Either way, hope you're on the mend.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

17-12-2015, 10:37 AM

Here you are Wrinkly, there are various sites you can google if this link doesn't work. I'm not always very good at copying links!

H. pylori infection Tests and diagnosis - Mayo Clinic
http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases.....s/con-20030903

This one might work better -

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Peptic-...Diagnosis.aspx
Read about how stomach ulcers are diagnosed, including tests for H. pylori bacteria ...
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

17-12-2015, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
As I understand it, honey and in particular Manuka honey is an antiseptic.

Manuka honey tastes yukky, so it MUST be beneficial.

My late husband suffered from reflux for some years and it was discovered that he had Achalasia

oh pooh. I can't post the link I wanted to show you.
It said all about the antibacteria and antimicrobe properties of the honey. Never mind. . . .
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2015, 03:56 PM

oh pooh. I can't post the link I wanted to show you.
It said all about the antibacteria and antimicrobe properties of the honey. Never mind. . . .
Well just write it out in your own words !

A mighty tome or two should suffice
Mr Magoo
London
Mr Magoo is male  Mr Magoo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2015, 07:07 PM

I too suffer from Reflux. The headboard end of my bed is also raised. I take Gaviscon Advance which is obtainable without a doctor’s prescription.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2016, 01:47 PM

Landed in hospital for a couple of weeks, the pain was knocking me off my feet. My GP said I had a wee Virus...HAH. I had a massive infection from my gall bladder. I had 20 bottles of antibiotics over 5 days through a drip. It seems I also may have gall stones and am waiting on an appointment for a endoscopy, the thought of that is scaring me half to death. I take panic attacks when I can't breath properly. Sheeze what a life....

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top