Join for free
Page 8 of 9 « First < 6 7 8 9 >
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2019, 05:10 AM

Re: Women are best

Originally Posted by mart ->
Maybe worth a mention is that in 1991 Mrs mart was hit by a car while she was on a zebra crossing. She has been disabled and in a wheelchair ever since. The driver was a woman about 25 years of age.
I am so terribly sorry, but it sounds like you two have gotten on with life without it getting you down - so much so, that it doesn't spring instantly to mind. That's an admirable way of living.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2019, 07:25 AM

From me too Mart...so sorry ...what a terrible thing to happen.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2019, 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
I am so terribly sorry, but it sounds like you two have gotten on with life without it getting you down - so much so, that it doesn't spring instantly to mind. That's an admirable way of living.
Thanks to all. Yes, it almost made me smile to read the thread that far and then suddenly think "Here, hang on a minute! ..." . Really though, it doesn't give me grounds to think that women drivers are bad. They aren't of course and what happened was just an accident. I wonder if the driver thinks back to it sometimes. She was a local person *and might have seen us out and about.

Edit*
pathfinder
scotland
pathfinder is male  pathfinder has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2019, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
You men can dispute all the statistics all you want, but you can't alter them. It's FACT, and you fellas know it.

All us ladies know full well that it's the men who race, tail gate, jump lights, and are far more aggressive than us genteel, courteous ladies are.

How many women do you see leaping out of their cars to threaten another driver in a fit of road rage ey? Come on, how many?

Face up to it gentlemen, you lose.
Now then, dig up your wallets, buy us a round of drinks and we'll say no more about it.

Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2019, 03:42 PM

Yep. That’s us. Wonderful as always.
Of course we make better drivers.
We do everything better.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2019, 03:46 PM

I’m so sorry Matt. How awful.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2019, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
These days, l am quite happy with my 10 year old Mercedes A150, it’s not done 20,000 miles yet and my chauffeur driven bus!
That kinda says something about the validity, or otherwise, of the stats.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2019, 05:18 PM

I'm not on top of the statistics, but as for the anecdotes, the driver who flipped his car directly in front of me and that I managed to avoid last week was a male - in too much of a hurry. (And now I have the headache of being a witness). Grrrrr .
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2019, 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
I'm not on top of the statistics, but as for the anecdotes, the driver who flipped his car directly in front of me and that I managed to avoid last week was a male - in too much of a hurry. (And now I have the headache of being a witness). Grrrrr .
I suppose you Americans have an additional motoring problem.

You drive on the wrong side of the road.

I'm surprised that you don't have many more accidents.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2019, 01:25 PM

Just searching through the thread titles I saw;

Women are best.

Directly underneath it, it said

Maps.

No further comment.

Page 8 of 9 « First < 6 7 8 9 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top