Join for free
Page 333 of 370 « First < 233 283 323 331 332 333 334 335 343 > Last »
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2019, 11:26 AM

Re: Post your daily exercise routine

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
How fun it is to check in and read such good news!

I am tickled pink to find that you're back at the gym, Floydy! I know how central it is to your fitness and it sounds like you had a great time. Isn't interesting how after so many years of working out ...or running...or riding a bike, that it comes back to us so quickly. There is definitely something to set point. It sounds like you'll be going in for the next round of surgery in great condition. Well done!

I did come up for air long enough to run and today my daughter likewise broke from her studies to join me. We had the whole sportsplex to ourself. 5 miles and a few tenths.
Fantastic work, Surfermom (I'm going to call you this from now on as it's impolite using your real name unless it's by PM - then again Bob is okay with it I think ). Your daughter is doing very well by joining you on some of your fitness outings. It's great to see that she's recovering well

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Non taken Floydy, I really respect all the advice, especially from you and Surfermom, we've all been at it long enough to know what works and what doesn't....
I've lost count over the years of how many of my running friends and colleagues have had to pack up running due to knee trouble. Even as we speak Mrs Fox is waiting for a new knee operation and is feeling so frustrated that she can no longer go out on her daily walk....
Too true bud. Knowing from experience usually settles problems about what we can actually manage to do exercise-wise. This hernia has certainly made me learn the hard way after being brash about weight training all these years.

Does this mean you have to get the Hoover out?
I hope Mrs. Foxy doesn't have to wait too long for the operation though

I'm uncertain about a gym visit today as I'm meeting my boss early this afternoon for a coffee. Just a social chat and to ask about some requests I have about work.
I may fit a legs session in afterwards depending on how much coffee I drink! I'll pack my gym bag just in case as the gym is only round the corner from Costa Coffee.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2019, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Does this mean you have to get the Hoover out?
I hope Mrs. Foxy doesn't have to wait too long for the operation though
Yep!.....

Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2019, 11:46 AM

Yep!.....

Oh my word Bob! Surfermom will choke on her Twinkies!
Did you really need to show me that?!
Well done on your domestication though - I do the same, although at least I wear my shorts
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2019, 11:54 AM

Oh my word Bob! Surfermom will choke on her Twinkies!
Did you really need to show me that?!
Well done on your domestication though - I do the same, although at least I wear my shorts
That hot buttered toast is going to take some shifting off the wall tiles Floydy...
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

18-11-2019, 11:58 AM

That hot buttered toast is going to take some shifting off the wall tiles Floydy...
Lol! As Billy Connolly once said "My radio is all covered in muesli!"
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

18-11-2019, 11:15 PM

Hi Bob, just a quickie...
Which brand/style would you recommend as a comfortable running shoe?

I like Skechers footwear but I'm not too sure of the type of shoe I need?

Cheers bud

*Edit. I should mention I need a wide fitting and they will be for outdoor use, mostly on grass
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

19-11-2019, 12:32 PM

Hi Bob, just a quickie...
Which brand/style would you recommend as a comfortable running shoe?

I like Skechers footwear but I'm not too sure of the type of shoe I need?

Cheers bud

*Edit. I should mention I need a wide fitting and they will be for outdoor use, mostly on grass
Morning Floydy.....

Ah.... shoes, the most important part of a runners kit.
I like the look of Sketchers Floydy although I've never actually run in a pair. I bought a pair of casuals and they are without doubt one of the most comfortable pair of shoes I have ever owned. However, that might be their downfall, especially for a (a hum) heavier runner. You need cushioning and stability Floydy, and Sketchers seemed a bit, well, flimsy to me but they do have a range of wider shoes though....

For mainly grass look for a stubbly sole with cleets for grip, but they won't be all that comfy for tarmac roads and paths, for those hard surfaces a flattish sole is preferable. I usually go for something in between.

Adidas and Nike still do good running shoes, and after years of testing using the latest technology they probably lead the market on design for the serious runner, but they can be very expensive, and the ones in the local shops are usually for the young poser and not the serious runner.

My brand of preference at the moment are 'New Balance' they do a nice rigid shoe that has good stability and will last a lot longer than your average shoe. You might need to shop around for those Floydy, but well worth the search. It might take a while to find the right shoe, I find that out of all the manufacturers there are only two or three that suit me.

So I would recommend 'New Balance' with a grippy sole but not too bumpy, and a shoe with good stability and cushioned midsole. Cheaper shoes might feel comfy but you will be replacing them every month...I hope this helps, and Good hunting Floydy....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

19-11-2019, 12:44 PM

Minus two and a thick layer of frost was waiting for me as I stepped out of the door at first light this morning, on my landmark run....
The freezing temperatures didn't provide me with any problems, in fact quite the contrary, the going was firm and any standing water had a layer of ice on top so no wet feet....

No tiredness in the legs and they felt good and strong most of the way round. I say 'Most' the last mile was a struggle but I managed to hang on and complete a useful five miler that takes me over 1000 miles for this year....
Job Done....

1000.9 MILES
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2019, 01:03 PM

I decided it's time to get back and do some exercise. I braved the cold last night at 8pm and went swimming thinking it would be quiet because it was so cold outside............wrong......everyone had the same idea and there were loads of people there *tut*

The water was cold brrrrrr but I felt so good after I swam 30 lengths of the pool.

Going again on Thursday.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

19-11-2019, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I decided it's time to get back and do some exercise. I braved the cold last night at 8pm and went swimming thinking it would be quiet because it was so cold outside............wrong......everyone had the same idea and there were loads of people there *tut*

The water was cold brrrrrr but I felt so good after I swam 30 lengths of the pool.

Going again on Thursday.
But it's all good exercise, LQ, and all you have to do is shove folk out'way and you've got a lane to yourself. Well done on braving the cold!

Page 333 of 370 « First < 233 283 323 331 332 333 334 335 343 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top