Join for free
Page 465 of 754 « First < 365 415 455 463 464 465 466 467 475 515 565 > Last »
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2019, 11:57 AM

Re: Over 50's Club Scotland (part 3)

Originally Posted by May ->
Good Morning Each,it's another white-out here below freezing so I went back to bed for an hour while the house heated up....Cleaned inside of windows and made a pot of chicken soup with loads of onions & garlic in...good job I live alone ...diets oot the windae as I had 2 bacon & eggs on toast for breakfast..luvly jubly
I hope you don't mind a 'southerner' peeking in at this thread?

May – that's making me feel very hungry now, delicious breakfast and not one I very often indulge in due to health reasons. No black pudding though May, not something you like? I've have and have had Scottish friends who reckon it's delicious, it's something I like too. On checking this out as to origination I found this (link below) which surprised me, I always believed black pudding was Scottish in origination:

http://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2009/09/06/9365-1770/
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2019, 12:10 PM

Hi Baz,nice to see You popping in here,a rare treat for Us Scots Lassies ...I occasionally have a 'full Scottish breakfast' at weekends including black pudding which I cook in the air fryer to make it a bit healthier,don't really care where it originated cos I just luv it,mostly have porridge in the morning but felt like a wee change...living dangerously
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2019, 12:22 PM

Stornoway black pudding is the best by far! I seem to remember English black pudding having junks of fat in it, may be wrong.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2019, 01:24 PM

Morning (just) All, not too bad up here today, no frost but still kinda waterlogged in the fields, Himself is NOT a happy wee farmer.
Staying about the house today, just not in the mood for anything, didn't even go for my swim first thing.
I can't remember the last time I had the full fry up....heart attack on a plate, but I do cook it sometimes on a Sunday if Himself fancies it...….shudder.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2019, 04:16 PM

Afternoon all,You're not a happy wee bunny Roxy,but if You take a look at realspeeds post about Us Scots,that'll really cheer You up bigtime
Baz46
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2019, 04:51 PM

Hi Baz,nice to see You popping in here,a rare treat for Us Scots Lassies ...I occasionally have a 'full Scottish breakfast' at weekends including black pudding which I cook in the air fryer to make it a bit healthier, don't really care where it originated cos I just luv it, mostly have porridge in the morning but felt like a wee change...living dangerously
That's a nice welcome for a rare 'southerner', thanks. Perhaps I should take a peek in more often!

I try and avoid fried food for health reasons as mentioned, had never thought of an air fryer though, I will have to check this out.

My breakfast is always porridge, very good for getting the high cholesterol levels reduced and it's worked a treat. Porridge with various sliced fruit is also good for my new lifestyle (diet by any other name), that's worked too so all is good.

I wondered if you might remember me May? I used to go on another forum long ago and do the puzzles, I was doing a particular one of these asking for names of towns. You posted one I never heard of so I mentioned this and was promptly 'told off' in your usual style – the town was Scottish, no wonder I hadn't heard of it!
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND

19-11-2019, 05:18 PM

Do You mean SZ Baz?....Aye..I did love to wind You Southern Chaps up,but I'm much more mellow now...(NOT) heh heh,

I'm lucky I don't have any heart prob's or high BP,but I do try to lead a healthy lifestyle as I have arthritic joints and a gain of even a few LBS in weight soon tells on them.

As You can see,Men are thin on the ground in this wee Scottish Forum,so would love You and any other nice young Chaps to become regular posters...We don't bite (well not often) anyway
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2019, 05:27 PM

Afternoon all,You're not a happy wee bunny Roxy,but if You take a look at realspeeds post about Us Scots,that'll really cheer You up bigtime
Oh Lordy, I'd better not, don't need any more crap from the politics loons.
Baz46

19-11-2019, 05:31 PM

Do You mean SZ Baz?....Aye..I did love to wind You Southern Chaps up,but I'm much more mellow now...(NOT) heh heh,

I'm lucky I don't have any heart prob's or high BP,but I do try to lead a healthy lifestyle as I have arthritic joints and a gain of even a few LBS in weight soon tells on them.

As You can see,Men are thin on the ground in this wee Scottish Forum,so would love You and any other nice young Chaps to become regular posters...We don't bite (well not often) anyway
That's the one May, sadly long gone now. As long as you are now more mellow I might just venture in more often. I see you still have your typical Scottish sense of humour!

As for young, well I might have been once in the distant past but not any more. Although like most of us we still feel younger than we are, something to do with 'having all our marbles' but the body is slowly letting us down at times!
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND

19-11-2019, 06:33 PM

Good Auld Saggyzone….I still miss it and all the good natured banter in MOST of the threads,

Och,We're forever young..laugh and the World laughs with You.
fart on a bus and You're public enemy number one.

Page 465 of 754 « First < 365 415 455 463 464 465 466 467 475 515 565 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top