Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2019, 11:43 PM

ever been told you are dead (true story)

While at the kennels a letter came from Npower saying how they were sorry to hear of my passing and sent their deepest sympathy to my wife and family.

A few sentences further on as I had passed away would those dealing with my estate please at the earliest opportunity settle up with the amount owed to them in the inclosed bill.

So I rang them back and it went like this

Them "hello you have got through to NPower how can we help you"

That hit my funny spot

" I hope you can help me "says I " can you please revive me?"

them "erm what do you mean revive you?
"
me "Well according to the letter you sent I am dead, and never had a chance to say goodbye to my wife"

Complete silence on the other end then "what do you mean your dead?"
Me " well that is what you are telling me"
them " i think we have made an error, lets check the records. You and MR ***** ?"

"No" says I and put on pressure

Me "no, and you have caused great upset in the household especially to my wife. So I am sending this letter to my solicitors to bring some sort of legal action against your company after I have talked with him"

them "oh Oh so so sorry we have made a mistake ,would you accept some financial compensation"

yes please and got a wad of money off them
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2019, 01:16 AM

Re: ever been told you are dead (true story)

No comment to offer on that one above. But there is a psychiatric condition where people honestly believe they are dead. It is called Cotard's Delusion.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2019, 01:20 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
While at the kennels a letter came from Npower saying how they were sorry to hear of my passing and sent their deepest sympathy to my wife and family.

A few sentences further on as I had passed away would those dealing with my estate please at the earliest opportunity settle up with the amount owed to them in the inclosed bill.

So I rang them back and it went like this

Them "hello you have got through to NPower how can we help you"

That hit my funny spot

" I hope you can help me "says I " can you please revive me?"

them "erm what do you mean revive you?
"
me "Well according to the letter you sent I am dead, and never had a chance to say goodbye to my wife"

Complete silence on the other end then "what do you mean your dead?"
Me " well that is what you are telling me"
them " i think we have made an error, lets check the records. You and MR ***** ?"

"No" says I and put on pressure

Me "no, and you have caused great upset in the household especially to my wife. So I am sending this letter to my solicitors to bring some sort of legal action against your company after I have talked with him"

them "oh Oh so so sorry we have made a mistake ,would you accept some financial compensation"

yes please and got a wad of money off them
Iill gotten gains and tempting providence .
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2019, 01:24 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Iill gotten gains and tempting providence .
methinks we may be having our chain yanked Muddy.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2019, 01:25 AM

Maybe
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2019, 01:27 AM

I’ve heard that story before.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2019, 01:59 AM

As I said it is true actually happened
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2019, 07:56 AM

Aye,I believe every word You type
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2019, 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
No comment to offer on that one above. But there is a psychiatric condition where people honestly believe they are dead. It is called Cotard's Delusion.
Seriously, Keezoy? I have never come across that one before. Must be very distressing for them and their families.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2019, 08:22 AM

Keezoy - Have just 'googled' Cotard's - not because I did not believe you but just out of interest. What a frightening condition for all concerned!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top