Join for free
Page 21 of 48 « First < 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 > Last »
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2019, 11:27 PM

Re: The Prince Andrew interview

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Good idea Todger, we've destroyed the Coal mining industry, Steel industry, shipbuilding industry, fishing industry, farming industry, sold out all our service and transport industries to foreign owners, we might as well kick the tourist industry into the long grass as well.....
, so true.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2019, 11:42 PM

If yer gonna do a job, do it proper.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2019, 11:45 PM

Good idea Todger, we've destroyed the Coal mining industry, Steel industry, shipbuilding industry, fishing industry, farming industry, sold out all our service and transport industries to foreign owners, we might as well kick the tourist industry into the long grass as well.....
Well said. The Queen is ultimately to be thanked for, I'm sure, the majority of tourism visits to Londonistan which must bring in millions of squids.

I wonder whether we can ever hope to restore the industries you list. I hope so, especially as when Charlie becomes King I imagine the tourism industry will take a nose dive!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

20-11-2019, 11:53 PM

Forget restoration of industries, that's been done and gone, because of man in the street sell outs, afforded the option by, supposedly other interested parties.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2019, 12:18 AM

So why was British Steel nationalised in the first place?
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2019, 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
No I don't expect the decision was his, the Queen not only rules the country but rules in the Royal family too. She probably told him to keep his head down and out of the limelight or he would be put in the Tower!
Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Lizzie doesn't rule the country. She is titular head of state and does what she is told. The monarchy could and should be replaced with a rubber stamp.
Well, 'so to speak' is what was meant. Or if it is necessary to be so 'picky' over words and preferable, she is the head of state and could arguably be replaced by a rubber stamp.

https://www.royal.uk/role-monarchy
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2019, 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Well said. The Queen is ultimately to be thanked for, I'm sure, the majority of tourism visits to Londonistan which must bring in millions of squids.

I wonder whether we can ever hope to restore the industries you list. I hope so, especially as when Charlie becomes King I imagine the tourism industry will take a nose dive!
This is the biggest myth that has ever been put about for justification of the Royal family .

The queen does not bring in tourists .

Here are the top tourists attractions for GB you might note that glimpsing her maj or any of that shower is not on the list .

Stonehenge which costs us relatively little to maintain given it’s stood there for thousands of years is a much bigger draw .

In London people want to go to the British rather than Buck House !

https://www.independent.co.uk/travel...-a8258251.html
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2019, 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
No I don't expect the decision was his, the Queen not only rules the country but rules in the Royal family too. She probably told him to keep his head down and out of the limelight or he would be put in the Tower!
Baz I have to agree with the AD the Queen does not rule the country .
We had all this out centuries ago .
The country is ruled by Parliament elected by the will of the people .

The Queen is 93 she lives in a bubble she probably is doesn’t know the half of what Andrew is up too. She keeps heaping him with totally undeserved honours .
She made a rule that Kate Middleton should curtesy to his useless daughters just because they are blood princesses .

Have you ever heard such tosh !

I suspect it’s Charles that has made this happen .
For all his faults he doesn’t alienate people in the same way as Andrew .

He will be king and will now start acting like one .
Now is his time
This useless dead wood Andrew has to go .
big ben
United Kingdom
big ben is male  big ben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2019, 09:41 AM

The title Prince cannot be taken away from Andrew as he is 'Royal' by birth but could the title Duke of York be taken away from him?
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2019, 09:48 AM

I feel sad for the Queen but nobody else in this extravagant waste of a family. She ought to slap his arse with the Royal Golden Slipper for bringing her reputation into disrepute.

Who doesn't just love it though when those wealthy ego-driven self-righteous sorts get their comeuppance? Oh how I detest the arrogant and smug of this world. I hope he's brought down to earth where he belongs after this despicable episode.

Page 21 of 48 « First < 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top