Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2019, 10:46 AM

Re: Let's go back in time..

Playing guitar in my bedroom with a couple of band mates and my Mum delivering tea and sandwiches.
big ben
United Kingdom
big ben is male  big ben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2019, 11:01 AM

Have to think about this one.
So, the time I was 15 we were living way out in the sticks. No clubs, No cinema, Nothing so it was the wireless. Billy Cotton Band Show, The Sexton Blake Stories, Ray's a Laugh, Dan Dare, Pilot of the Future and so many comedy shows that it would take yonks to name them all. All this long before we had the telly. May seem 'boring' to today,s generation but we were more than happy then.
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2019, 11:49 AM

No school next day so Friday night was Syrup of Figs night
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2019, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by solo ->
Am glad to say that was something I never needed - my brother often had to have it and I tasted it once - Yuk! it was vile!
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2019, 12:02 PM

Friday night aged 15?

Getting all glammed up in my hotpants and platform shoes which I had bought from Morley market for £5 that Friday morning. I had nicked off school to go get those shoes then heading off with my best friend down to Club 70 youth club to dance round my handbag to songs by Bay City Rollers.
Aged 15.....hearing Bohemian Rhapsody sung by my idol Freddie Mercury and Queen.

Awww Carol what a great thread, thanks for raising the memory.
Those were the days my friend, truly.

Wonderful thread
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2019, 01:21 PM

By the time I was 15 we were living in Perth and Saturday night at the City Hall was "Thee Night". We got the Bands and solo Singers that were in the Charts, a different attraction Star every week. I got to see, listen and dance to some of the best of the 60s Bands.
Friday night was with my pals sorting out what we were going to wear the next night and just general girl gossip. Wonderful times.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2019, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by solo ->
When you were 15.???????
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2019, 06:49 PM

I would have been doing precisely nothing as my Mum wouldn't let me go out at that age
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2019, 07:16 PM

Conkers fights back in the sixties for me was a highlight of the year great fun was had by all the Kids back in those days,
Don't see any kids doing it now what a shame,

another tradition bites the dust.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2019, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by basser ->
Conkers fights back in the sixties for me was a highlight of the year great fun was had by all the Kids back in those days,
Don't see any kids doing it now what a shame, another tradition bites the dust.
Those who do play that traditional game now have to wear eye protection and probably protection for their hands too – Elf & Safety you know – poor little darlings!

All the real fun must have gone out of life for today's youngsters, it is a real shame isn't it!

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top