Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2019, 03:29 PM

Re: Who Are These People?

Should I put Sue outside and hope
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2019, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Scrap metal merchants or maybe gypsies.
They are a common sight in the real world
Oh you mean like in your real world where you are approached by two complete strangers in Tenerife who tell you’ve won a free holiday. Dazzled by your ‘lucky win’, you go with them, hand over a large sum of money and spend the rest of the year, worrying and not knowing if it’s a scam or not.

Oh, believe me Mr Floydy, l definitely live in the real world!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2019, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Oh you mean like in your real world where you are approached by two complete strangers in Tenerife who tell you’ve won a free holiday. Dazzled by your ‘lucky win’, you go with them, hand over a large sum of money and spend the rest of the year, worrying and not knowing if it’s a scam or not.

Oh, believe me Mr Floydy, l definitely live in the real world!
With your BMWs, Porsches and Champagne every night? Turning up your nose when you walk into Aldi?
Jesus!
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2019, 04:18 PM

I guess those types are the modern day 'rag and bone men', those used to ride round the streets with a horse and cart – Steptoe & Son with Harold the horse! In later times, like these days, probably those that you see are descendants using a different kind of horse power!
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2019, 04:20 PM

I look upon it as an act of kindness in a way Art...we help them,they help us,by taking it away..a lot of the stuff I have given away,was in good condition .
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2019, 04:31 PM

Hi

Recycling is great.

Apart from flooring everything I have got for the new house has been secondhand or ex display.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2019, 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
I guess those types are the modern day 'rag and bone men', those used to ride round the streets with a horse and cart – Steptoe & Son with Harold the horse! In later times, like these days, probably those that you see are descendants using a different kind of horse power!
Hercules was Steptoe's Shire horse, Harold was his son..
Baz46
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2019, 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
Hercules was Steptoe's Shire horse, Harold was his son..
Thanks Roxy, Harold would not be very pleased that I referred to him as the horse!

Come on now, give me a break, it was decades ago* and I did get it almost right in that the name began with an 'H'! All the same it was a brilliant series, very funny and still is today when viewed on You Tube.

*Just checked out when it was broadcast – four series were broadcast by the BBC from 1962–65, followed by a second run from 1970-74. So it was 57 years' ago when first broadcast and 49 years' ago for the second broadcast which means my memory is not too bad seeing as it was only the name I had wrong.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2019, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
Thanks Roxy, Harold would not be very pleased that I referred to him as the horse!

Come on now, give me a break, it was decades ago* and I did get it almost right in that the name began with an 'H'! All the same it was a brilliant series, very funny and still is today when viewed on You Tube.

*Just checked out when it was broadcast – four series were broadcast by the BBC from 1962–65, followed by a second run from 1970-74. So it was 57 years' ago when first broadcast and 49 years' ago for the second broadcast which means my memory is not too bad seeing as it was only the name I had wrong.
Classic TV, Barry
Coincidentally, in Only Fools And Horses, "Trigger" wasn't actually a horse either
Baz46

21-11-2019, 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Classic TV, Barry
Coincidentally, in Only Fools And Horses, "Trigger" wasn't actually a horse either
All these memories being resurrected, I will have a king-size headache at this rate!

Checked this out too, see link below for why 'Trigger' was not called by his stage name:

https://www.ofah.net/blog/revealed-w...alled-trigger/

Also mentioned in the link above is Roy Rogers, yet another memory from many years' ago – must be getting old after all!

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top