Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2019, 11:04 PM

Re: How are you ?

Originally Posted by Mags ->
..... ‘fraid not, painful back here 😟
Awful aren't they.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2019, 11:04 PM

Legs ache, lots of walking in my new job
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2019, 11:41 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
Well done Silver Tabby, is that down to that NHS course you are on? Keep up the good work!
That's the one! It is fascinating am really enjoying it.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2019, 11:55 PM

Same as usual, suppose, angry and placid.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2019, 12:03 AM

Apricot !

That question can mean more than you know.

The few times in my life in which I've been overwhelmed by challenges or have been experiencing the loss of someone I loved, someone simply asking me if I was ok was like handing me a beam of light of kindness.

I remember reading a story about someone who didn't commit suicide because his neighbor, an elderly lady, called him to ask how he was when she noticed that he hadn't put out his garbage.

I am doing very well! How are you?
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2019, 12:24 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
What a time you are having Keezoy. I am sorry.
I thought the fires were easing off now, or is someone deliberately starting them?
Hi Art. We are OK where we are ( so far) but the fires have been the worse in NOrthern NSW and Southern Queensland. LOts of properties lost..nearing 200 this time. Several deaths. But the rural firefighters and the air fire force are awesome and have performed miracles with their efforts. It would be so much worse without them and their bravery and their amazing equipment. MOst of the fires start and spread with the pure heat and dryness of the air in the bush and the strong winds along with spontaneous combustion of eucalypt oils. The trees don't so much burn as just explode. Embers cause spot fires and so it goes on. It only takes a tiny spark from anything. Machinery or electric power tools, a discarded cigarette, dry lightning strike or even concentrated light from any source. Errant backburning also. Sometimes they are deliberately lit but that is more rare than people think.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2019, 12:28 AM

Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2019, 01:08 AM

I m alive so i.m doing ok . Hope you are doing ok and thx for asking. Hugs xxx
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2019, 01:10 AM

Tired but feeling great. Had a good day, all's going well
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2019, 02:26 AM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
Hi Art. We are OK where we are ( so far) but the fires have been the worse in NOrthern NSW and Southern Queensland. LOts of properties lost..nearing 200 this time. Several deaths. But the rural firefighters and the air fire force are awesome and have performed miracles with their efforts. It would be so much worse without them and their bravery and their amazing equipment. MOst of the fires start and spread with the pure heat and dryness of the air in the bush and the strong winds along with spontaneous combustion of eucalypt oils. The trees don't so much burn as just explode. Embers cause spot fires and so it goes on. It only takes a tiny spark from anything. Machinery or electric power tools, a discarded cigarette, dry lightning strike or even concentrated light from any source. Errant backburning also. Sometimes they are deliberately lit but that is more rare than people think.
We saw pictures of Sydney on the TV yesterday.What you could see of it anyway.I wouldn't like to be breathing in that stuff.Apparently South Australia on one really bad fire day cut all the power in the effected area.They thought it would be better to be without power for a while rather than the fallen power lines making the situation worse.

Keep safe.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top