Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2019, 04:44 AM

Re: Gold Digger... New Series Coming Soon On BBC1

Oh this was good. I just finished watching the final episode on the iPlayer last night. A very well-written drama.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2019, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
You're right Art her skin does look damaged. I didn't realise it was from smoking but that makes sense. To her credit she seems very fit (in a vital way) and has that fabulous mane of hair. But I have friends that age who are slim and would not look like Benjamin's mum. Although I kind of like her strong woman earthiness. She doesn't pretend.

But then IMO Benjamin is a bit too scraggy for my liking. What is it about men in their thirties these days letting themselves go? Perhaps it's the facial hair that makes them look untidy.
Which optician do you use because my spectacles do not allow me to get so closeup to Julia that I can confirm her skin looks damaged .
It was announced actually that the actress had to be made up to look the age of the character she's playing.
Maybe your slim friends wouldn't appeal to Benjamin ? Some men like a well rounded woman .
As for Ben Barnes being scraggy !!
He's fit as a butcher's dog and as for looking untidy please point me to any scene where you saw that .
His kind of beard is seen out and about just about everywhere .
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2019, 12:44 PM

I enjoyed it and am looking forward to the next episode.

Personally, I don't see what difference it makes whether Julia had wrinkles or not. She is supposed to be a mature lady after all, and whether she smoked or not is immaterial.
If she had been portrayed as slim, trendy, perfect figure, and flawless skin, then no doubt some would say - "Ridiculous! How many 60 yr olds look like that." She can't win.

As for young Benjamin, well as Art said, he wouldn't appeal to me as he is younger than my son! But he is quite a nice looking chap I thought and I'm sure would appeal to many girls.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2019, 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I enjoyed it and am looking forward to the next episode.

Personally, I don't see what difference it makes whether Julia had wrinkles or not. She is supposed to be a mature lady after all, and whether she smoked or not is immaterial.
If she had been portrayed as slim, trendy, perfect figure, and flawless skin, then no doubt some would say - "Ridiculous! How many 60 yr olds look like that." She can't win.

As for young Benjamin, well as Art said, he wouldn't appeal to me as he is younger than my son! But he is quite a nice looking chap I thought and I'm sure would appeal to many girls.
Have you got iPlayer, Mups? The whole lot is on there already
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2019, 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Have you got iPlayer, Mups? The whole lot is on there already

Nah, I'll just watch it weekly thanks. I prefer the anticipation.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2019, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Nah, I'll just watch it weekly thanks. I prefer the anticipation.
Me too.
Anyway I don't know how people find the time to binge watch ..
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2019, 06:39 AM

Is there a moral to this drama?

Is it a crime fo a 60 year old wealthy women to find love with a much younger man?
Her selfish family definitely think so and care not for her happiness, thinking that the man is solely after the 'Main Chance'. Her money and home'

As for her ex-husband being livid,he can talk after his affair with a much younger woman causing a Divorce.
However I thought being in love was a very happy occasion, but Julie looks stressed nearly all the time with all the family bickering going on, also she does not seem to sure of her
amour
Lines and all she is still an attractive woman at 60 years
and he is definitely, 'Tall Dark and Handsome'.

Will there be light at the end of the tunnel?

Wait and see!
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2019, 06:42 PM

Was this shown last Tuesday? I am not sure I watched it and it’s not on catch up.
Zuleika
North West UK

01-12-2019, 11:55 PM

Yes , episode 3 last week . ....Her Rival .
Plus it’s all on BBC iPlayer .I just rechecked .
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2019, 09:02 AM

I can’t find it on tv catch up. But thanks.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top