Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2019, 05:05 PM

Re: Boris's Joker Card?

Originally Posted by Bread ->
A binding referendum would do no such thing unless you changed the question. Do you really think people thought the referendum didn't matter and it was "just for fun" when the biggest turn out of people ever, turned out to vote on EU membership ?

You still seem to think 17.4 million people who voted leave were stupid and ignorant and didn't know what they voted for, but somehow, you do. However, every time I've ask you what you voted for, you can't tell me....

The referendum wasn't a survey it was a decision given to the people. If you still don't understand that, you have bigger problems than I thought.

Leave would win by a country mile in a second referendum - provided the question was asked. Why do you think the Lib Dems have chickened out over holding one and instead gone straight to the answer they want instead of the decision by 17.4 million people.

Don't be fooled by the name Liberal Democrats, they are nothing anywhere close to that. More like lying cheating, disrespectful political hacks that don't care what the people they represent want.
You have obviously not read the referendum bill or if you have did not understand the part where it said the referendum was advisory only. If you believed Cameron’s words and leaflets over its status in law then more fool you. The Government only had a requirement to take the result into consideration

Parliament did vote to enact Article 50 but there is nothing stopping MP’s seeking its revocation. If the referendum bill had made the enactment of the referendum result mandatory we most likely would not be in this mess

You are obviously not confident of winning a second referendum else leavers would be calling for it and it’s something the government could get through the house whereas a GE could be a long way off . I you really think that leave would win a second referendum by a country mile sho should lobby B.J and remind him not to make it advisory
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2019, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by Banchory ->
You have obviously not read the referendum bill or if you have did not understand the part where it said the referendum was advisory only. If you believed Cameron’s words and leaflets over its status in law then more fool you. The Government only had a requirement to take the result into consideration
It is hard to believe that only two short years have passed since the Supreme Court’s judgment in the Miller case was being awaited with baited breath. When, on 24th January 2017, the Court held that the government could not trigger Article 50 unless and until parliament empowered it to do so, the judgment was hailed not only as a legal landmark but also as a potential inflection point in the politics of Brexit. A government that had been intent on denying parliament a say in the initiation of the withdrawal process suddenly found itself in the legislature’s hands, incapable of taking Brexit forward without parliamentary authorisation.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2019, 05:26 PM

Good Grief, how many times must you be told. We had our referendum and we voted to Leave. You can make all the lame excuses you want, but it stands. The only reason the traitors want a referendum rather than a GE is they know they would be decimated. No need to say anything else.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2019, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by Banchory ->

Parliament did vote to enact Article 50 but there is nothing stopping MP’s seeking its revocation. If the referendum bill had made the enactment of the referendum result mandatory we most likely would not be in this mess

You are obviously not confident of winning a second referendum else leavers would be calling for it and it’s something the government could get through the house whereas a GE could be a long way off . I you really think that leave would win a second referendum by a country mile sho should lobby B.J and remind him not to make it advisory
I know the referendum bill very well.

When the government say they will give a decision to the people it means just that

All referendums are advisory and the legal status would not have changed the result.

A second referendum is only wanted by remain because it is designed to overturn the result of the first. Your not fooling anyone.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2019, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Good Grief, how many times must you be told. We had our referendum and we voted to Leave. You can make all the lame excuses you want, but it stands. The only reason the traitors want a referendum rather than a GE is they know they would be decimated. No need to say anything else.

They just can't cope with failure.

Relocating to Dublin is the only solution for the fanatics
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2019, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
hi

we have had a referendum.

Advisory or binding is smoke and mirrors.

Parliament could have ignored it, they choose not to, end of story.

Parliament voted to invoke article 50 and in doing so accepted the result of the referendum.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2019, 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Who with ?

They're 12 points behind
He's becoming increasingly desperate!

I must say that I find that highly amusing. Is that nasty of me?
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

19-09-2019, 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->

Not at all
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2019, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->

He is looking desperate, but I hadn't expected you of all people to gloat at that.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	763.jpeg-1.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	15.3 KB
ID:	10711  

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top