Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2012, 02:34 PM

Bananas are already packaged!

What a ridiculous idea!

"It calls itself a "common sense" grocery store, but German-owned Austrian supermarket chain Billa made a recent public relations gaffe which suggests the opposite.

The store introduced pre-peeled, plastic-wrapped bananas."

Why discard natural packaging for more plastic to end up in a landfill?
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2012, 02:48 PM

Re: Bananas are already packaged!

Just another example of someone not using their loaf!
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2012, 03:04 PM

Abolutely absurd!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2012, 03:59 PM

Oh dear
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2012, 04:28 PM

Just wait until the air penetrates the packaging and starts to turn the fruit brown. They'll very soon learn the error of their ways!!!
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2012, 05:41 PM

I thought we were all doing something to save the planet.
Whoever came up with that daft idea is on a different planet.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2012, 10:34 PM

Seems a stupid idea to me. Having said that. when my wife buys bananas and leaves them in a bowl for the grandkids to eat, if there is the slightest sign of brown on any one of them the lads wont eat it, they say it's going bad, which of course is nonsense, in a plastic bag they wouldn't see the skin.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2012, 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by Annie Jack ->
The store introduced pre-peeled, plastic-wrapped bananas."

Why discard natural packaging for more plastic to end up in a landfill?
It's just marketing. I noticed sometime ago packets of sliced apples in plastic packs for school lunches in the supermarket. Apples already come in perfect little packages but obviously they have found a market for these things because they are still on sale.

No one is compelled to buy them, apples and bananas are still only a few bucks a kilo.
Malton
New Member!
USA
Malton is male 

29-09-2012, 08:38 AM

Banana diet so good for keep good fitness and health.It give us good energy and strength.I agree with your reviews that bananas will make them fat is because an average banana has around 100 calories. The way most people think is,if they have 5 bananas a day it is 500 calories.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2012, 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by Malton ->
Banana diet so good for keep good fitness and health.It give us good energy and strength.I agree with your reviews that bananas will make them fat is because an average banana has around 100 calories. The way most people think is,if they have 5 bananas a day it is 500 calories.
Malton matey, I cook my bananas. Add them to a bowl with flour, eggs, Sugar, dried fruit, walnuts and 2 Tblsp milk, place in a 2 lb loaf tin and slam in the oven for an hour. I think I might, in this way, be able to increase the calorific value of bananas.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top