Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2013, 12:42 PM

Re: In the eye of the beholder...

Originally Posted by Cassie ->
Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder! ! Actually its eyes for me & a wicked sense of humour... but then I had that & he turned out to be a liar & unfaithful
Maybe it was the 'wicked' bit Cassie....
Nobaggage
Cornwall UK/ Carcassonne France
Nobaggage is female  Nobaggage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2013, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by Pats CG ->
Annie - you made a comment on the 'photo project' thread, this saddened me a bit gal - you said, you dont bother as you've no one to impress....
You - are the one Annie to impress. I have a lot to contend with and except for the odd day, I do make the little effort on myself. I wear a little make-up and dress nice. My clothes are inexpensive but everyone comments on them ! Its just a matter of taste and knowing what suits you. If I didn't make the effort, I would go down quickly, once you lose interest in yourself - thats it.
Your a Wise old owl sometimes our pats .....

My knees go weak over my hubby everytime I see him help our old dog into a more comfortable position or helps her some way in such a gentle manner ... the love he shows out animals some times bring a tear to my eyes and no matter how cross i might be with him some times just watching him with our animals makes me go all soft in the middle .....
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2013, 05:55 PM

I get that Bags - makes you feel proud of yer Hubbs, thats another thing - I am proud of him - its a nice feeling to have about someone .....
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2013, 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by Annie Jack ->
Finding your partner attractive goes beyond physical attributes, am I right? My OH once told me that his last partner got turned on if she caught him doing the dishes.
Well I washed an awful lot of dishes last Sunday, all I got was a shout from the living room, "Are yeh not finished yet?"

I remember an old calypso song with the words "If you want to be happy for the rest of your life never make a pretty woman your wife.", there may be some truth in that, when I was a youth and went dancing at the weekend with the rest of the lads we would be terrified to ask the good looking girls up to dance, not that there was a awful lot of them mind you, only the toughest of lads in the dance hall would have the nerve to ask them, maybe the poor girls were afraid to refuse on account of the toughies reputation in the area. I would imagine if a fella married a real stunner her would have his hands full hanging on to her, and who want's that kind of hassle all the time, of course we all married lovely girls, but you know what I mean.
I love a good sense of humour in a girl, truthfulness, good with children and the ability to hold a few drinks on special occasions without making a holy show of herself, as I've seen a lot of women do. Meanness and a bossy nature were always a big turn off for me, otherwise I don't mind what the ladies look like.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2013, 09:24 PM

I fancy Bill Oddie, Lord Bath and Ian Hislop what does that say?
I went for sense of humour last time, now I'm going for looks, obviously.....
I'll know one thing, no beer-holders ever again!
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2013, 08:59 AM

In my younger years, I went for looks every single time; I liked the mean and moody look but was always a bit disappointed when they turned out to be mean and moody.

I think it's in later years when you realise that looks don't last forever that it's ridiculous to want someone because of physical appearance - they won't have it for all that long! I think wisdom brings the realisation that there is more to remaining attracted to someone than simply how they look. A bauble is a lovely thing to look at but who keeps looking at it year in and year out ...
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

16-05-2013, 11:15 AM

Took the words from my mouth Karen - Personality is the thing to go for everytime .....
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

16-05-2013, 12:57 PM

[QUOTE=Jem;278853]Well I washed an awful lot of dishes last Sunday, all I got was a shout from the living room, "Are yeh not finished yet?"

I remember an old calypso song with the words "If you want to be happy for the rest of your life never make a pretty woman your wife.", (Quote)

Not 'always' true Jem - Hubbs chose me - and I've never let him down ......
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2013, 03:07 PM

Well that's nice and refreshing to hear Pats, and I wish you both continued happiness together.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

16-05-2013, 03:25 PM

Thank you kind Sir ......

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top