Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2013, 01:57 AM

Re: Real Beef but not from a Cow.

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
No way, all that artificial stuff they are putting in it, colourings, flavourings, e numbers etc. no good for you, we will all be ill.
Er ..... check the ingredients on a pack of beef burgers. Colourings, flavourings, E numbers etc.

I rarely buy beef burgers but, if I did, I'd buy them made by my butcher, and not mass produced, plus the fact that I know for certain that the poor animal hasn't been killed by the Halal method, otherwise I wouldn't buy it.

To meet Trading Standards, they'd have to call them stem cell burgers and quite honestly, I don't have £250,000 to spend on a burger!
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2013, 01:13 PM

I would imagine that by the time they improved the technology to produce enough to allow for mass consumption... one wouldn't be spending that much for a hamburger Mollie..
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2013, 03:14 PM

Yes I agree with you Mollie, Beefburgers have probably got a load of rubbish in them, but I don't buy them, so I don't read the labels.
daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2013, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->

I'm another that doesn't like burgers - I don't care where they're from, they all have a really odd taste to them. I have been in McDonalds - I used to like their McChicken sandwich
Have you seen this ben?
http://www.latintimes.com/articles/7...m#.UgJfgpLrz0k
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2013, 04:10 PM

I do like beef or turkey burgers, but the ones that I make myself.

They are not that difficult to make and I can control what goes into them.

Alright sometimes they are not perfect but who said they have to be round and more importantly my husband enjoys them.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2013, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by daisymay ->
Have you seen this ben?
http://www.latintimes.com/articles/7...m#.UgJfgpLrz0k
I think the McChicken sandwich was made from chicken breast pieces (or so they said) but in my entire life, I've probably eaten about 10!

I do agree with what he says though about processed food on a regular basis (but I wish he'd stop with the silly scare tactic talk). Many foodstuffs are washed in 'bleach' to lengthen their shelf life or inhibit bacterial growth - I try to avoid them as well
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2013, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by shirley ->

They are not that difficult to make and I can control what goes into them.

Alright sometimes they are not perfect but who said they have to be round and more importantly my husband enjoys them.
I would never let my children eat beefburgers and I did have a go at making my own but they were so dry and horrible - what's the secret to making them taste nice? (I still wouldn't eat them but I know my granddaughters like them so I would make some for them if they didn't have the texture and effect of blotting paper which is what my efforts come out like )
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2013, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by shirley ->
Well before long you will be able to make the beef as well .

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top