Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2014, 05:07 PM

Re: Six Nations

am ashamed to say I didn't watch it all, the bit I watched was good and its great when the score is close as they really are trying. Sorry for BOD as it may be his last Nations but we shall see, my cousin calls him yer big man as he comes from Dublin.Next week will be great. My great grand daughter is Welsh so was glad they came back also my daughter has a house in France so we call them one of our teams.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2014, 06:24 PM

What a Team, can I pick them or what. Ireland 46 7 Italy.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2014, 07:00 PM

What a great game it was annie, Ireland were superb
What a send off for O'Driscoll he looked very touched by the support of the crowd.
The Scotland - France game isn't half as good, so far, second half about to start.
welshlion
Vale of Glam,Wales,U.K.
welshlion is male  welshlion has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2014, 10:01 PM

England v Wales today wasn't all that enjoyable, and that's not just because we lost..
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2014, 11:41 AM

Strange! I really enjoyed it!
To be honest for some reason Wales didn't really turn up and their tactics played into England's hands (Mike Brown's hands especially). If it hadn't been for the brilliant Halfpenny, it might have been a rout!
Having said that England are beginning to look like an excellent unit - the Care/Farrell/Twelvetrees/Burrell backline is looking fearsome and Farrell's game management has matured almost beyond belief since last year's drubbing by Wales.
daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2014, 04:18 PM

The Wales v England result only goes to prove what I have always said. All those people who crow that their favourite team beat another, or favourite athlete came first etc, they fail to consider that the win is only at that time, in that place under those circumstances. Tomorrow they might lose, just as they have done in the past. Even the great Ali was beaten at least once. How many times did Murray beat opponents at other venues before finally doing it at Wimbledon? Bannister was considered to be the 'ultimate' but how many times has his four minutes been surpassed?

I feel really down because of the Welsh defeat, but we have won it before and will do so again, so chins up the rest of the taffs it is not the end of the world.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2014, 08:04 PM

Des, you really do sound down
Everyone thinks Ireland are going to win, so all the Irish fans will be crowing, and rightly so.

Never mind, there is always next year.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK

15-03-2014, 11:19 AM

I'm looking forward to todays games
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK

15-03-2014, 08:42 PM

Daisymay you can't be down today, after the magnificent win by Wales!
We enjoyed all three games and 'our' teams all won.

Well done Ireland, a nail biting finish and a 'bloody' match wasn't it?
daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2014, 03:22 AM

OMG! Was that a magnificent match or what? Talk about wiping the floor. And I am sorry, yes they lost a man early in the game but that alone could not account for that score. But I have to say that it goes to prove what I said earlier about only being as good as you are at that time, in that place etc.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top