Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Pidge
New Member!
Oxfordshire
Pidge is female 

22-12-2009, 08:40 AM

Re: Safest cookware? (pots/(frying)pans)

It's the lack of stay cool handles that always put me off stainless steel pans. I cannot stand using oven gloves so try to avoid whenever possible.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2009, 12:53 AM

Re aluminum pots: grew up on food cooked in them as did my parents, no cases of Alzheimers (well I feel fine and think I have all my marbles at my advanced age...!) Erm...... , if you guys notice anything odd, let me know!
adya
New Member!
San Juan,Puerto Rico
adya is female 

24-12-2009, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
I've just learned than many non-stick pans use something called teflon that release chemicals if the temp is too high with not enough oil! (They can give you flu-like symptoms!)

So wondered, what are the best pots/pans/frying pans etc? Are they circulon ones? Like those from Meyer? Or just good old fashioned stainless steel?

What does everyone else use?

Update: See my findings in post 20 on what the safest seems to be: Safest pots/pans: Findings to date
STAINLESS STEEL AND GLASS(HEAVY) Teflon and etc...are cancer causing agents!! Forget flu symptoms.They get trapped in our digestive system and release all the venom that goes directly to the whole body.Any foreign body or agent causes an inmunological response(teflon and etc are very irritating)and a constant ALERT in your inmunology makes it finally unresponsive when it is really needed.Then, there is a long list of things you can suffer from this . Including Alzheimer and Cancer.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2009, 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by adya ->
STAINLESS STEEL AND GLASS(HEAVY) Teflon and etc...are cancer causing agents!! Forget flu symptoms.They get trapped in our digestive system and release all the venom that goes directly to the whole body.Any foreign body or agent causes an inmunological response(teflon and etc are very irritating)and a constant ALERT in your inmunology makes it finally unresponsive when it is really needed.Then, there is a long list of things you can suffer from this . Including Alzheimer and Cancer.
What type of pots/pans do you use Adya? Do you have a link to more info about the above too?

Welcome to the site btw!

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top