Join for free
Page 102 of 190 « First < 2 52 92 100 101 102 103 104 112 152 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2017, 11:24 AM

Re: Bob's Bits.

Originally Posted by myrtle ->
Great write up on your walk OFF .... perhaps you could contact the Footpaths Society to let them know the public footpath is being
invaded ??
Thanks Myrtle, I might do even better than that, I think the National Trust use volunteers to go out and clear the Himalayan Balsam, so I think I'll check it out and maybe offer my help. Sounds like a good day out in the country...
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2017, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Sounds (and looks) a glorious walk OGF.
Thanks Spitty, if you ever get up this way and fancy a walk I'm your man.....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

06-08-2017, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Lovely pics OGF, sounds like a great day out...
Thanks Mags, yes, weather was kind to us and it's far enough for Mrs Fox these days, although we both struggled with the Balsam. Walking alongside a river doesn't need many navigational skills, so I can look at the scenery instead of the map.....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

06-08-2017, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
What a superb write up of a wonderfully well-spent summer day! I particularly appreciate the history and photos; every place seems to have it's own story and beauty. Nice legs, too . While you call them "car parks", we refer to them as "parking lots". It certainly sounds as if your cars have a much better time of it that ours. This blog is a treat!
Thanks Muchly Surfermom. Doing a bit of research and finding things of interest certainly adds a new dimension to a walk and especially when you've got people who read and enjoy the reports. Thanks to everyone who has taken the time to read them and comment (even those who looked in and didn't comment) it is very much appreciated....

And thanks for the comment about me legs Surfermom, you're not the first....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

06-08-2017, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Yes I have an ongoing fight with Himalayan Balsam it's a nightmare, problem is it's a pretty flower so it's a devil in disguise. Great blog OGF, so many places I know, nice to be reminded of them.
Thanks Summer, it would seem that Himalayan Balsam is almost as much of a problem as Japanese Knotweed and is well up on the list of 'Invasive Species' I can't believe that in just a few short years since I did this walk it has spread as fast as it has.

I'm glad that you could relate to some of the places we visited and It makes you realise just how beautiful Yorkshire is...
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2017, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Thanks Myrtle, I might do even better than that, I think the National Trust use volunteers to go out and clear the Himalayan Balsam, so I think I'll check it out and maybe offer my help. Sounds like a good day out in the country...
That's my boy
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

15-08-2017, 10:51 AM

It felt a lot fresher on Sunday morning as I embarked on my second eleven miler this year and as a result managed to cleave over three minutes off last weeks time. Before you start with the back patting and congratulations I must point out that I did take it very cautiously last week so it was a soft target.

I decided to jog down to the surgery yesterday, it's just a about a mile and a half round trip, but I found myself doing a speed session and I liked it....So I might just try one mile faster sessions on my days off and see what happens...

My legs did feel tired on this mornings six, but it turned out to be faster than I expected, no records were broken or anything but well satisfied with the result.

Just Thursday's Eight miler to do and then it's off to Guernsey on Friday. For a small island there are plenty of hills and it's difficult to do a run without having to scale at least one of them. It'll be a nice change for Mrs Fox after losing her Dad in June, she hasn't stopped working since he passed away, sorting out his stuff and cleaning his flat, woe betide anyone who got in her way, but I think it's her way of coping.

Just a few jobs to do now before we go so I'll catch up with the forum later......
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2017, 01:17 PM

Have a great holiday Foxy, you and Mrs Foxy will be ready for a break. Try to put your feet up and relax for a while!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2017, 01:42 PM

I hope you and Mrs Fox have a lovely holiday and the weather is kind for you, Bob.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

15-08-2017, 09:25 PM

Thanks Mags and Val, I'll report on all the highlights, if there are any, but there's only so much relaxing I can do before I'll need to make use of the pool or take advantage of the beautiful Coastal paths.......

Page 102 of 190 « First < 2 52 92 100 101 102 103 104 112 152 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top