Join for free
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Marj
England
Marj is female  Marj has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2015, 02:45 PM

Re: Alcohol

Originally Posted by kim1961 ->
Oh I'm not trying to preach, honestly. Just telling what's happened to me

No I'm not either, I just don't want to drink, I used to wake up with a thick head even with a couple of drinks.
Cant give up my Cheese and onion crisps though
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2015, 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by Marj ->
No I'm not either, I just don't want to drink, I used to wake up with a thick head even with a couple of drinks.
Cant give up my Cheese and onion crisps though
Me neither Marj. I need to do a crisp detox
Marj
England
Marj is female  Marj has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2015, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by Myra ->
Me neither Marj. I need to do a crisp detox
Me too Myra
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2015, 02:56 PM

I gave up alcohol for most of 2014. Last drink was 31/12/2013; I was only going to give up for a month, then I thought Why not for the year? that would be an interesting test of myself
But I always knew that it would only be a temporary arrangement, and it wasn't quite 12 months. In mid December i thought Oh well, I've done enough to show that I can do it, so had a couple of pints when I went to the pub with friends

I have a drink now, but I've found that I'm no longer so keen; I can take it or leave it

Like any of these things the hardest part is making the decision, after that everything falls into place
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2015, 04:02 PM

"Debunked GW? By whom?"

You don't have to look very far to find plenty of examples where members of the medical profession say in effect "A healthy body is capable of effectively 'detoxing' itself and the notion of fad diets etc.. are little more than a myth at best".

Of course, you don't have to believe that. There will always be some 'quack' ready to sell you a miracle.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2015, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by Grumblewagon ->
"Debunked GW? By whom?"

You don't have to look very far to find plenty of examples where members of the medical profession say in effect "A healthy body is capable of effectively 'detoxing' itself and the notion of fad diets etc.. are little more than a myth at best".

Of course, you don't have to believe that. There will always be some 'quack' ready to sell you a miracle.
Are they the same people who say when you stop having sugar and carbs you won't suffer any withdrawal ? because I tend to take my experience rather than their science as truth I am afraid.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2015, 04:57 PM

Morning all

I gave alcohol up a few weeks ago as I was doing a detox and now I've decided to give it up for life.

Goodness me it's extraordinary how many friends think I've morphed into an alien!

Is being AF ( alcohol free) SO weird?

What are your thoughts?

Good for you Kim
I stopped drinking wine at Christmas because what started as 'a bottle a week a glass a night' (my little luxury as I rarely go out) turned into 'this wine doesn't keep so I better drink it up

I do keep a bottle of Gin in the house thought for those times when I would really like a little something. I can now just have one drink occasionally without feeling I have to drink up or throw away half of a bottle
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2015, 06:31 PM

I only ever drink when Im happy and I dont go out much so its a glass of wine with dinner or if like today DD and her OH came round and we all sat in the garden with a beer.

When the children were small I never drank and I soent years battteling the 'go on one wont kill you'crowd I told people I was on medication or had an illness just to get them to leave me alone..
Now days Im just too old to care and if I dont fancy a drink I plain refuse..

Never ceases to amaze me how many people try to force you though..
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2015, 06:37 PM

Sometimes I take the car on a night out and it's a great feeling at the end of the evening to know that you are alcohol free and can get home so easily. No hassle with public transport. Although you do sometimes end up being the taxi driver.................
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2015, 09:47 PM

Morning all

I gave alcohol up a few weeks ago as I was doing a detox and now I've decided to give it up for life.

Goodness me it's extraordinary how many friends think I've morphed into an alien!

Is being AF ( alcohol free) SO weird?

What are your thoughts?

I remember one Lent I gave up alcohol for the full seven weeks, I went out to the pub as usual but I felt like a Fish out of water with all my mates, they were laughing and joking after a few and I was left with me mouth open wondering what it was all about.
So I know the feeling Kim, I was drinking 7up for the duration, they didn't sell water in the pubs those days, water was what you put into your Whiskey.

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top