Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2015, 07:10 PM

Re: Homemade Soups

MMMM ...another winning recipe saved ..Thanks Solo
Marj
England
Marj is female  Marj has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2015, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by solo ->
I also add one onion and a dash of milk to mine just to give some depth to the flavour Marj. It's a matter of personal taste that you can play with. such as using vegetable or chicken stock to suit you .
Thanks, I do love onion so yes I will add one
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2015, 09:30 PM

This Broccolli and Cauliflower soup is yummy

250g cauliflower, diced
250g broccoli, diced
1 litre vegetable stock
2 tablespoons diced onion
1 clove garlic, crushed
50g sliced sausage (optional)
salt and pepper, to taste

Method
Prep:15min › Cook:40min › Ready in:55min
In a saucepan, simmer the broccoli and cauliflower in the stock until soft, about 25 minutes.
Add the onion, garlic and sausage; simmer for 10 more minutes. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.

orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2015, 12:46 AM

I make lots of homemade soups too. No fixed recipes, except for a rather nice lettuce and onion soup. I generally just put in whatever takes my fancy at the time and it seems to work ok. A good winter soup is French Market soup, which is based on ham stock and pulses. A meal in itself!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2015, 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by orangutan ->
I make lots of homemade soups too. No fixed recipes, except for a rather nice lettuce and onion soup. I generally just put in whatever takes my fancy at the time and it seems to work ok. A good winter soup is French Market soup, which is based on ham stock and pulses. A meal in itself!

Not in this part of the world Ania darlin' - I need something a lot more substantial than soup - which I regard as a prelude to the 'main' course.
Marj
England
Marj is female  Marj has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2015, 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by Aysa ->
This Broccolli and Cauliflower soup is yummy

250g cauliflower, diced
250g broccoli, diced
1 litre vegetable stock
2 tablespoons diced onion
1 clove garlic, crushed
50g sliced sausage (optional)
salt and pepper, to taste

Method
Prep:15min › Cook:40min › Ready in:55min
In a saucepan, simmer the broccoli and cauliflower in the stock until soft, about 25 minutes.
Add the onion, garlic and sausage; simmer for 10 more minutes. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.

Love Broccoli, so will take note of this recipe too, thanks.
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2015, 09:12 AM

No one needs a recipe to make soup for God's sake !!
Chuck some stuff in a pan with a couple of stock cubes add water bring to the boil and simmer til done !
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2015, 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by malcolm ->
No one needs a recipe to make soup for God's sake !!
Chuck some stuff in a pan with a couple of stock cubes add water bring to the boil and simmer til done !
A rather sanctimonious comment! Soup recipes have always been passed down and shared with friends and family to try out.

Due to allergy I cannot eat courgettes but if I could I would have tried Deb Ws recipe.

Croutons to you
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2015, 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by solo ->

Croutons to you

I have been cooking and making soup [along with other things] for many years and have never used any one else's ideas of what makes a good one ever. I use what I have learned through those years .. from memory and trial and error
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2015, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by malcolm ->

I have been cooking and making soup [along with other things] for many years and have never used any one else's ideas of what makes a good one ever. I use what I have learned through those years .. from memory and trial and error
There would have been no need for trial and error if you had used a recipe would there

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top