Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2016, 05:19 PM

Black Pudding

Uncle Joe will be happy

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/forget-bro...094239449.html

One thing you wouldn’t expect when compiling your superfood diet now that January is here would be something you’d find on a fried breakfast.

However, this year you can include black pudding to your new year shopping list as experts reckon it is about to be extremely popular in 2016.

The divisive breakfast staple - traditionally made using pig blood and oatmeal - is actually full of protein, calcium and potassium.

It also enjoys the benefit of being nearly carb free and packed full of anaemia-preventing iron - something lacking in modern diets.

The addition of black pudding to the superfood list will be something of a shock to most, and Darren Beale from MuscleFood.com is just as surprised.
He said: “Some of the foods have been on the up for a while like avocado oil and maca root, but others like mushrooms and black pudding have been a total surprise to us.

“It’s great to have this new research available to find out the hidden qualities in food and we can’t wait to see how these new trends take off.”

The black pudding surge has already begun in earnest, with one Scottish butchers, famed for their blood sausages, already seeing sales soar.

Shona Macleod, managing director of Charles Macleod Butchers in Stornoway, told MailOnline: “The shop has just opened again.

“I opened the mail orders and we had about 40 black pudding mail orders to go out today.

“That’s is a lot for the first day open in January.”

Other superfoods set to be huge this year include seaweed, black beans and birch water.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2016, 05:26 PM

Re: Black Pudding

That is one of the things I have noticed this last year, when we have gone away on holidays and gone out for breakfast they ask if you would like black pudding, which I always do, never cook it at home though.
warleyron
Warley, Essex UK
warleyron is male  warleyron has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2016, 05:32 PM

Funny, I was cooking black pudding for my breakfast this morning when it came on the news.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2016, 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
Uncle Joe will be happy

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/forget-bro...094239449.html

One thing you wouldn’t expect when compiling your superfood diet now that January is here would be something you’d find on a fried breakfast.

However, this year you can include black pudding to your new year shopping list as experts reckon it is about to be extremely popular in 2016.

The divisive breakfast staple - traditionally made using pig blood and oatmeal - is actually full of protein, calcium and potassium.

It also enjoys the benefit of being nearly carb free and packed full of anaemia-preventing iron - something lacking in modern diets.

The addition of black pudding to the superfood list will be something of a shock to most, and Darren Beale from MuscleFood.com is just as surprised.
He said: “Some of the foods have been on the up for a while like avocado oil and maca root, but others like mushrooms and black pudding have been a total surprise to us.

“It’s great to have this new research available to find out the hidden qualities in food and we can’t wait to see how these new trends take off.”

The black pudding surge has already begun in earnest, with one Scottish butchers, famed for their blood sausages, already seeing sales soar.

Shona Macleod, managing director of Charles Macleod Butchers in Stornoway, told MailOnline: “The shop has just opened again.

“I opened the mail orders and we had about 40 black pudding mail orders to go out today.

“That’s is a lot for the first day open in January.”

Other superfoods set to be huge this year include seaweed, black beans and birch water.

I'm in 7th heaven!!! - haven't I been extolling the virtues of a good 'fry up' breakfast??? and haven't I been saying that a 'fry up' isn't a proper fry up without black (and white) pudding???
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2016, 07:28 PM

Im glad to hear this as I like a bit of black pudding now and again on my breakfast bacon/eggs/tomatoes/black pudding mmm
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2016, 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by warleyron ->
Funny, I was cooking black pudding for my breakfast this morning when it came on the news.
Where do you buy it? cant find anywhere near where I live can I get decent Black Pudding

Live about 10 miles from you.
Cam
USA
Cam is female  Cam has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2016, 07:38 PM

Disgusting stuff!
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2016, 07:42 PM

I love black pudding but it has to well well done for me crispy.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2016, 07:43 PM

Crispy and well done for me too Doc cant eat it if it isnt
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2016, 07:48 PM

Well nice to see you are all happy with the black pudding, now a question - what is birch water? I´ve never heard of it.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top