Join for free
Page 15 of 95 « First < 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 65 > Last »
Edvard
New Member!
Essex UK
Edvard is male 

24-07-2016, 10:55 PM

Re: What book are you reading now?

I don't like it and so I dumped it. Am now reading "HMS Ulysses".
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2016, 11:53 AM

My next read is The Little Coffee Shop of Kabul by Deborah Rodriguez
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2016, 06:58 PM

Finding Rick Wakeman's two memoirs hilarious at the moment:
https://images-eu.ssl-images-amazon....SR200,320_.jpg
https://images-eu.ssl-images-amazon....SR208,320_.jpg
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2016, 08:41 PM

Im reading a collection of short stories by Stephen King now called "Different Seasons"

Ive read a lot of Stephen Kings books and find I really enjoy his short stories selections...I have ready and waiting to be read after this one ,his latest book out called "End Of Watch"
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2016, 09:19 PM

Clan of the cave bear inspired by a recent thread about it thought I'd read it again, as good as the first time I'm finding.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2016, 07:15 AM

An excellent book Julie .
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2016, 12:08 PM

I've just ordered 'Suicide of a Superpower' by Pat Buchanan. All the way from the US of A for just £5.86 all in (used) - 50 bucks brand new .

Originally Posted by Amazon
America is disintegrating. The "one Nation under God, indivisible" of the Pledge of Allegiance is passing away. In a few decades, that America will be gone forever. In its place will arise a country unrecognizable to our parents. This is the thrust of Pat Buchanan's "Suicide of a Superpower," his most controversial and thought-provoking book to date.

Buchanan traces the disintegration to three historic changes: America's loss of her cradle faith, Christianity; the moral, social, and cultural collapse that have followed from that loss; and the slow death of the people who created and ruled the nation. And as our nation disintegrates, our government is failing in its fundamental duties, unable to defend our borders, balance our budgets, or win our wars.

How Americans are killing the country they profess to love, and the fate that awaits us if we do not turn around, is what "Suicide of a Superpower "is all about.
The same fate awaits us ...

One for Realist here - was it orchestrated?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2016, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
I've just ordered 'Suicide of a Superpower' by Pat Buchanan. All the way from the US of A for just £5.86 all in (used) - 50 bucks brand new .

The same fate awaits us ...

One for Realist here - was it orchestrated?
Sounds like my apocolyptic collection great for a good story but not to be taken seriously
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2016, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Sounds like my apocolyptic collection great for a good story but not to be taken seriously
Apparently this book - and others by Pat Buchanan - deal with all the social, religious, economic troubles we are facing today. In the video I found (whilst looking for something else) I was taken aback by how knowledgeable he is. By the looks of it many of the answers I was looking for could well be found by reading his books. Also ties in neatly with other videos and info I have come across as to why the West is in such a mess at this point in time.

Pat Buchanan Videos
https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...y=pat+buchanan

When I asked the question to Realist as to whether or not the way the West is now was orchestrated I was serious as it does look like it was.

It is amazing what can be found by searching through the YouTube archives.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

02-08-2016, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
Apparently this book - and others by Pat Buchanan - deal with all the social, religious, economic troubles we are facing today. In the video I found (whilst looking for something else) I was taken aback by how knowledgeable he is. By the looks of it many of the answers I was looking for could well be found by reading his books. Also ties in neatly with other videos and info I have come across as to why the West is in such a mess at this point in time.

Pat Buchanan Videos
https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...y=pat+buchanan

When I asked the question to Realist as to whether or not the way the West is now was orchestrated I was serious as it does look like it was.

It is amazing what can be found by searching through the YouTube archives.
He was an isolationist way back in the seventies, I think he looks like everyone else for things that support his way of thinking. I'm not saying he is wrong just needs to be taken very carefully or you could fall into his isolationist ideals which aren't really good for anyone or any country.

Page 15 of 95 « First < 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 65 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top