Join for free
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2016, 09:09 PM

Re: Sugar In Yoghurt

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
TBH I refuse anti biotics May. Well, if all else fails, look into it or perhaps just give them a try for a period of time. They really help my gut, honest injun
Interesting..in what form do You take them Pesta?
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2016, 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by May ->
Interesting..in what form do You take them Pesta?
One little pill every day May... go on....give it a bash. It won't cause any harm to you..but it just might help
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2016, 09:13 PM

One little pill every day May... go on....give it a bash. It won't cause any harm to you..but it just might help
Ok,but where the heck do I get that little pill?..and I hope there's no sugar in it or Mr know-all will be after Ye
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2016, 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by May ->
Ok,but where the heck do I get that little pill?..and I hope there's no sugar in it or Mr know-all will be after Ye
I alternate, Holland Barrett do them as do Boots. Do a reccie online to check for sugars. I'm just looking at my present pack but I need the magnifying glass to read the ingredients..hold on...

Edited: One ingredient says 'cultured from milk protein', could that include sugar?

Edited again: It says free from Dairy, Gluten, Lactose, Wheat, Soy, Sugar yay!

So get your arse down to Boots and get Bioglan Biotic Balance - it's only got ***20 billion live cultures and you get equivalent amount of bacteria to 5 tubs of yoghurt.

*** Holland and Barretts have more live cultures in theirs.

But do your own reccie on them just to make sure you're certain there are no sugars. I'd hate to be bashed up by Mr Know-all

(whew, knackered now)
Dobra
Isle of Wight GB
Dobra is male  Dobra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2016, 09:35 PM

Make your own yoghurt's ?
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND

18-04-2016, 09:46 PM

I alternate, Holland Barrett do them as do Boots. Do a reccie online to check for sugars. I'm just looking at my present pack but I need the magnifying glass to read the ingredients..hold on...

Edited: One ingredient says 'cultured from milk protein', could that include sugar?

Edited again: It says free from Dairy, Gluten, Lactose, Wheat, Soy, Sugar yay!

So get your arse down to Boots and get Bioglan Biotic Balance - it's only got ***20 billion live cultures and you get equivalent amount of bacteria to 5 tubs of yoghurt.

*** Holland and Barretts have more live cultures in theirs.

But do your own reccie on them just to make sure you're certain there are no sugars. I'd hate to be bashed up by Mr Know-all

(whew, knackered now)
Ok Missus ..will give them a try though I never take any kind of pills if I can help it...,still prevention's better than cure,,ta muchly.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2016, 09:51 PM

I buy mine from a company called 'Higher Nature,'May.

www.highernature.co.uk (if the bloomin' link works)

The dogs ones from Lintbells.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2016, 10:04 PM

May

I support your stance to stay away from Pharma antibiotics. I have always kept a supply in case of emergency in a WTSHTF situation. However there are natural antibiotics available in this world. Google for them.

I have used Grapefruit Seed Extract (GSE) for some years with significant success. Not to be confused with GRAPE seed extract. Comes in a liquid form and has 100s of uses both externally and internally. Some hospitals use it for cleaning down surfaces. I think of it as Domestos that can be taken orally ! GSE enabled me to rid myself of Norovirus in just 12 hrs (usually a 48-72 hr condition). GSE has rid me of tooth infections too.

There are other natural remedies you can use depending on what your ailment is. For example, you can combat tooth abscess and associated infection with liquorice root capsules (been there, done that, it works).

Garlic and Ginger equally have great efficacy for other ailments.

What's important is to understand what your body is saying and what the cause is and to then identify the right foods & herbs to treat it naturally.
It's a wide area of science and it is worth buying a book which explains what each plant and herb will do for you.

In an emergency and in serious cases of infection, a fast cure is needed so that's when I would turn to antibiotics. If you can recognise the signs and symptoms before it gets to that stage then you can treat yourself naturally.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2016, 10:06 PM

Most folks wouldn't eat yoghurt without sugar, because it can taste quite sour.
Prefer the Greek total myself.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2016, 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by Wrinkly ->
Most folks wouldn't eat yoghurt without sugar, because it can taste quite sour.
Prefer the Greek total myself.

Nice that one, isn't it Wrinkly. Not too sweet and sickly.

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top