Join for free
Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2017, 09:35 AM

Re: Favourite Pie?

I'm more of a tart fan, an open top pie, my spring vegetable tart is rather nice as is my husbands lemon meringue. Another is lime meringue he makes same as lemon but with lime.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2017, 09:40 AM

I dont think this is fair, how do we choose one?

A pasty is great but a steak and guinness pie is a good winter meal and steak and kidney is just sublime...
Then there are things like Jamacia patty which is more of a pasty than a pie I suppose but anyhow it reminds me of childhood. Then there are things like veal and ham pie, pork pies great summer foods and the sweet pies apple, lemon meringue, cherry etc ..

I think I like pies too much!
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2017, 09:45 AM

Hello fellow Yorkshire person and welcome to the site

I'm told I make a mean steak pie, my son in law always requests it when he comes for a meal. It has to be a proper pie though, no soggie bottom and always shortcrust pastry. Have to admit I never buy shop bought savoury pies although Morrisons fruit pies are acceptable as you say with lashings of custard, blinkin heck I'm hungry now
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2017, 10:02 AM

I like the Quorn chicken style pies. Tbh, it's the pastry I'm interested in more than the filling. Same with crumbles, give me the crumble topping with custard and I'm happy.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2017, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I like the Quorn chicken style pies. Tbh, it's the pastry I'm interested in more than the filling. Same with crumbles, give me the crumble topping with custard and I'm happy.
Yes the quorn pies are quite nice !
Pie Man
W.Yorkshire
Pie Man is male  Pie Man has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2017, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by Cass ->
I dont think this is fair, how do we choose one?

A pasty is great but a steak and guinness pie is a good winter meal and steak and kidney is just sublime...
Then there are things like Jamacia patty which is more of a pasty than a pie I suppose but anyhow it reminds me of childhood. Then there are things like veal and ham pie, pork pies great summer foods and the sweet pies apple, lemon meringue, cherry etc ..

I think I like pies too much!
If I wasn't so in love with pies I think I might have been after reading that.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2017, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by Pie Man ->
If I wasn't so in love with pies I think I might have been after reading that.
Are you a relative of Pie Face who appeared on Big Brother?
Pie Man
W.Yorkshire
Pie Man is male  Pie Man has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2017, 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Hello fellow Yorkshire person and welcome to the site

I'm told I make a mean steak pie, my son in law always requests it when he comes for a meal. It has to be a proper pie though, no soggie bottom and always shortcrust pastry. Have to admit I never buy shop bought savoury pies although Morrisons fruit pies are acceptable as you say with lashings of custard, blinkin heck I'm hungry now
Thank you for the welcome fellow Yorkshire person, and obviously a fellow pie expert for us experts know that a pie with a soggy bottom is prone to bursting when one lifts the pie to the mouth and sinks ones teeth into it.
Pie Man
W.Yorkshire

31-03-2017, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Are you a relative of Pie Face who appeared on Big Brother?
No, I'm a relative of Shrek who appeared in a few films, except I'm not green and I've got hair
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

31-03-2017, 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by Pie Man ->
No, I'm a relative of Shrek who appeared in a few films, except I'm not green and I've got hair
Just the ears then.

Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top